Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Living room help!

(6 Posts)
mrsgiggle Fri 21-Feb-14 21:39:33

I have decorated my living room, but don't really like it! I have painted the walls ivory, which I like. I have done the feature wall in striped wallpaper, purple, ivory and grey.

I don't like the striped wallpaper, don't really wantbto paint the feature wall, I have purple accessories in the room, has anyone seen, any nice wallpaper to go with purple?

member Fri 21-Feb-14 22:04:39

www.grahambrown.com/uk/product/31-609/juan

www.grahambrown.com/uk/product/20-604/romany-stripe-natural

www.lauraashley.com/wallpaper/coco-amethyst-wallpaper/invt/3543191

Difficult to know if you like florals or geometrical or if just the width of stripe is wrong! Also difficult to know if you're talking about purple purple or something more mauve amethyst?

Sometimes the contrast between ivory and strong colours can seem too stark - what about going for an ivory/neutral paper with pattern/texture?

mrsgiggle Sat 22-Feb-14 09:17:25

I think ive totaly gone off stripes!! The purple ornaments I have are quite dark purple, quite like something floral.

BrownSauceSandwich Sun 23-Feb-14 16:49:08

How about this: deliberately not purple, because I think layering up purples (without in-the-flesh comparisons) is a recipe for a colour clash. Purple with understated gold, or apricot is more reliable...

www.johnlewis.com/morris-co-thistle-wallpaper/p585316?colour=Dove%20/%20Gold,%20%20DMCW210480

Or this... In ivory, the perfect way to introduce bold pattern in a calm way. In mulberry, dramatic and bold...

www.johnlewis.com/morris-co-thistle-wallpaper/p318432?colour=Ivory,%20DMY1TY101

mrsgiggle Tue 25-Feb-14 21:30:50

I like the mulberry one. When i say i have purple accessories, I have a vase, and another orniment and a purple picture. I really like the walls, as theyare nice and warm, in ivory. But i hate the stripes, think, we rushed as we needed to decorate as we were having a fire fitted on that wall.

My curtains are a natural colour, cant really afford to change them as its a big window

mrsgiggle Tue 25-Feb-14 21:43:37

I like the mulberry one. When i say i have purple accessories, I have a vase, and another orniment and a purple picture. I really like the walls, as theyare nice and warm, in ivory. But i hate the stripes, think, we rushed as we needed to decorate as we were having a fire fitted on that wall.

My curtains are a natural colour, cant really afford to change them as its a big window

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now