Talk

Advanced search

Help! Problem with new sofas...

(2 Posts)
idinnehaveaclue Fri 21-Feb-14 13:59:51

My Mum recently bought a two new and very expensive sofas from an established retailer. They were in the region of £4.5k.

There are various things that she is not happy with; one of the items has a large flaw in the leather, there are large gaps between the cushions and there is a mark on the back of one of the sofas.

An independent technician has been to look at the furniture and the retailer is saying that they are only prepared to repair the mark on the back of the sofa. In terms of the flaw in the leather and the gaps in the sofa they are saying that is pretty much to be expected.

Various letters are going backwards and forwards and we're not making a lot of progress. Although the technician is supposedly independent he said that he worked on behalf of the retailer and told my Mum that between him, her and the garden gate, she shouldn't accept the furniture and should pressure them to take it back(?!!!).

Anyone have any advice on how to take this forward? I am starting to lose the will to live a bit.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 21-Feb-14 18:07:04

Maybe the pair of you should take a written complaint into the shop together and ask to be able to give it to the manager and say you will allow him 30 mins to contemplate what he will do - and then you will come back for an answer - put a CC on the letter saying that a copy is also going to your solicitors !
Don't take no for an answer !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now