Talk

Advanced search

What colour paint would you use if you were having these curtains?

(15 Posts)
CleopatrasAsp Thu 20-Feb-14 23:33:12

I recently fell in love with this fabric (the blue isn't quite as dark in reality as it is in this photograph) and bought enough to make some curtains for my bedroom which we are just about to start decorating. The problem is that I don't want blue walls as my hall has just been painted blue and I wanted to steer towards something else.

I know the current trend is for all things grey but I find it quite a cold colour and DH isn't keen. Yellow is also out as we are going to decorate our sitting room in yellow after we get the bedroom sorted out. I'm also trying to steer away from neutrals after having stuck to them religiously for ages - I want a bit of colour in my life again!

What colour do you think would look nice? I've looked at so many paint charts I think my head is going to explode.

santasballsackisnolonger Thu 20-Feb-14 23:36:10

Have you tried the dulux app? You ipload a picture then pin point a colour within it and it matches you up with the nearest shade and/or complimenting shades! Fabulously addictive!

steppemum Thu 20-Feb-14 23:40:23

well, the fabric is blue beige and white (or cream, can't tell) so for me I would have to paint the room either blue, beige or white. I like to link the colours, but that is just me!

CleopatrasAsp Fri 21-Feb-14 00:13:15

Thank you both for the replies.

Santas I didn't know there was such an app. Am off to explore that now. I may be some time................grin

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 21-Feb-14 18:35:32

It's beautiful fabric ! :-)

CleopatrasAsp Mon 24-Feb-14 22:52:29

Thank you OnePlan I do love it. smile

GoodnessKnows Mon 24-Feb-14 23:01:07

Absolutely beautiful. Let it stand out - match to the cream in it. But if large but warm room, you could have a darker blue. Risky. Depends on lighting. Don't want dark, cold, old uninviting piano teacher room.

burnishedsilver Wed 26-Feb-14 09:54:53

Its hard to really judge colours on the screen but a tester pot of dulux linen would be worth a try.

ShoeWhore Sun 02-Mar-14 19:35:09

Definitely play around with the Dulux app. I'd try and match to either the cream or the beige colour, I think it will look much better than blue. There are some lovely neutrals available at the moment. It's hard to tell by looking at the screen but something like Natural Hessian or Egyptian Cotton might work?

Herhonesty Sun 02-Mar-14 21:07:11

Lovely. If you could. Get a paint colour to match clotted cream that would be perfect.

nonicknameseemsavailable Mon 03-Mar-14 14:27:42

on my PC it looks almost goldy in places so I would say try a yellowy cream?

Feminine Mon 10-Mar-14 06:31:05

Buttermilk would be lovely.

overmydeadbody Mon 10-Mar-14 06:34:22

If it was me I would go with white, in my opinion nothing looks better than white walls, it is the perfect blank canvas to really show off the fabric.

It is lovely fabric

piratecat Mon 10-Mar-14 06:45:52

what have you got on your bed. what colour are your bits of furniture.

CleopatrasAsp Thu 13-Mar-14 15:37:41

Thank you everyone but I have decided to keep the fabric for my next house as I have a lot of blue in this house already, it is beautiful and I have stored it away carefully as I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now