Talk

Advanced search

Cream shaker kitchen, grey or ?? Walls. Don't like the country look..

(3 Posts)
Mrsdp123 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:42:27

We have inherited a cream shaker style kitchen and I don't like the country style look of a kitchen. Well I do just not at home, my style does not suit Cath Kidston/girly kitchens. We will eventually have the downstairs layout changed so need a cheap interim solution. We can't paint the cupboards as there are lots of sides on show and there are 20 plus cupboards so I want to paint the wall colour to try and "modernise" it. Am thinking greyish (poss skimming stone f and b). I like industrial style kitchens, when we have it redone it will be white/grey/metro tiles/wood etc. how can I make my current kitchen look more industrial/vintage. We have lots of Orla Kiely bits and bobs and Eames chairs..

Tex111 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:45:09

Since you know it's temporary you can perhaps try something a little different. I saw a kitchen on Pinterest with deep blue walls. Looked surprisingly warm yet modern.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 21-Feb-14 18:51:33

What about that Orla signiture green colour a with some orange accessories ?! Won't be county anymore - will be more upbeat !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now