Talk

Advanced search

Urgent assistance re grey paint!

(18 Posts)
TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Fri 14-Feb-14 14:25:27

Hi all, we have been informed rather suddenly that we are moving and this has (although a welcome move!) ruined my saving plans for a house covered in farrow and ball!

I need some excellent alternatives to farrow and balls Pavilion grey please and perhaps corn forth white too! We cannot justify the cost at this time but would hate to miss out!

glorious Fri 14-Feb-14 14:28:23

Many places will mix up f&b colours in trade paint smile

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Fri 14-Feb-14 14:48:03

Oooh that's good to know smile may pop down to b and q then smile

InsertUsernameHere Sat 15-Feb-14 08:30:45

glorious is correct. When saying trade paint she means johnstones or leyland or similar - not stuff you will find in Band Q. Google Johnstone stockists and you'll get a feel for the kind of place. They are often independents or small chains so hard to give a recommendation as it depends where in the country you are. If you are using a decorator they will know (or if you have friends that have used decorators have a look at their paint tins for the label). Proper trade paint covers really well in my experience.

Joules68 Sat 15-Feb-14 09:34:52

Why do you want farrow and ball? It's just the name you are laying for!

Joules68 Sat 15-Feb-14 09:35:06

*paying!

FamiliesShareGerms Sat 15-Feb-14 09:36:54

Look at Dulux Classics - Wishing Well is a lovely grey, and they have lots of F&B type off-whites too

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Sat 15-Feb-14 09:50:49

Thanks everyone! Farrow and ball was recommended as a great finish - I got a few samples from other places and they just didn't have the same finish but I didn't look too hard!

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Sat 15-Feb-14 09:52:22

Oooh whilst you lovely lot are here - we have a brown/neutral sofa and are having dark wood flooring - what accent colour can I use for curtains and the odd scatter cushion? I love red bright DH isn't a fan - he says just to get darker grey curtains or neural?!?!

FamiliesShareGerms Sat 15-Feb-14 09:55:19

Orange?

InsertUsernameHere Sat 15-Feb-14 10:18:12

Design seeds is really good for working out accent colours. Plug in the colours you already have and see what comes up. I'm a bit confused why you are decorating now if you are moving. Decorating to sell and decorating to live in are two different things. H

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Sat 15-Feb-14 15:18:05

I am planning the new place insert smile

InsertUsernameHere Sat 15-Feb-14 22:24:17

Ah ha. <sound of penny dropping>

spotty26 Thu 20-Feb-14 17:05:10

Dulux Dusted Moss 3 = Cornforth White
Dulux Quartz Grey= shaded white
Dulux Flint = slightly lighter version of Downpipe
Dulux Chic Shadow = Pavilion Grey
Dulux Goosewing = Ammonite or Darker Cornforth White because not actually used Ammonite yet.

I have a great Wimborne White Dulux but just a number...66YY 85/045

Get Diamond Matt finish if it needs to be wipe able or in Kitchen or Bathroom.

mumma24 Sat 22-Feb-14 09:25:22

Wow spotty, have you a match for f&b strong white

Mrswellyboot Sat 22-Feb-14 09:27:23

Try a tester of Dulux Mulberry Silk.

LanaStraightLeg Sun 23-Feb-14 21:55:57

Just marking my place, sorry!

spotty26 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:31:45

Sorry never used Strong White. Must try harder!!! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now