Talk

Advanced search

Worried the room will be cold.. ideas to warm it up ?

(2 Posts)
didireallysaythat Wed 12-Feb-14 20:18:05

We've just had the lounge plastered. We're putting in a morso wood burner on a slate hearth and we've got a pile of second hand IKEA billy bookcases to put along the long walk opposite the burner. We're getting switched light sockets so I need to find some nice lamps (two to go in the bookcase). I was planning to paint the walls dulux timeless. I haven't thought about carpet (used to have Berber but its a bit beige). Would light grey be cold (would work with the slate). Windows north facing one end and south facing wall just windows and a door so quite bright. Haven't thought about curtains etc - the spans are too wide for blinds.

I was looking forward to a clean light room (the rest of the house is dingey) but now I'm worried it will be cold like an operating theatre... Ultimately might save up for two ektrop sofas - probably it safe with dark blue....

Is a bright rug and a couple of red cushions going to help or do I need to be bolder ? DS1 and DS2 have another room for toys but the tv will be in this room so it would be nice to be cosy...

bonvivant Tue 18-Feb-14 22:21:33

We have a neutral lounge and red cushions have really lifted it -I went for four red cushions and four red/neutral patterned cushions (as we have two large sofas in there). No rug etc.

But if you're going for grey, how about lime green instead of red? I ordered mine from John Lewis - they have free delivery over £50 and free returns. I ordered various before I settled on the ones I have. They have some very nice plain cushions for about £5 each that can be paired with patterned cushions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now