Talk

Advanced search

Is applle white the right wall colour for my DD?

(7 Posts)
Cherrytree2013 Sat 08-Feb-14 23:39:18

Please help me to choose the right colour for my DD big bedroom. She was thinking about apple white and jade white. As I have not seen any of these two wall colours in reality, so need advice on this. Thanks.

steppemum Sat 08-Feb-14 23:52:19

well, you need to get a match pot of each and paint it on the wall (it helps if the wall is white or if you paint a white patch, as the existing colour can make the new paint look different)

The colour that is right will depend on which one you lie and also what you want it to go with - does she have a duvet cover or furniture or curtains you are trying to match?

I usually start with curtains and then find the right colour to go with them. Or if you like wallpaper, choose a wallpaper you like and then match the rest of the room

intheround Sat 08-Feb-14 23:55:44

Soft Apple is nice- it's a bit more green though than Apple white.

dramajustfollowsme Sat 08-Feb-14 23:55:46

We had apple white dulux in our bathroom. It was quite green after just one coat.
Deffo do a tester and see what it is like in different lights.

steppemum Sat 08-Feb-14 23:56:55

and they do look much more green once the whole room is painted

Cherrytree2013 Sun 09-Feb-14 12:07:35

Many thanks for all your helpful advice! I was thinking that it might be too green. I will do a tester first.

mabelbabel Mon 10-Feb-14 09:49:52

Testers definitely needed. We had jade white in our DD's room. Was a lovely colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now