Talk

Advanced search

Inspire me for DS's bedroom

(7 Posts)
HappyAsEyeAm Thu 06-Feb-14 10:22:08

DS2 (nearly 2 yo) has a mauve colour carpet, which we inherited when we bought the house. Its in good condition, and I know that it will bear the brunt of nightime vomiting, spilt calpol, accidents etc in the few years to come, so we are keeping it. He also has a cream blackout blind, and cream (quite a rich cream) curtains, which are staying, as they block the sunlight at naptime and bedtime on his south facing room.

What colour to paint the walls? At the moment, they're cream, as I didn't know what else would go with cream curtains and mauve carpet. He has a beech wood chest of drawers and small wardrobe and a pine cot bed (it will be converted into a bed within the next 6-12 months).

Its a medium sized room, with a cast iron fireplace. I was thinking of doing some wall stickers around his cot, so maybe I won't need to re-paint the walls at all, but I need inspiration. What wall stickers would go on two areas of wall (each area would be about 3 foot wide) that go into a corner?

yawningbear Sat 08-Feb-14 14:47:12

DS has these on cream walls and they look fab www.notonthehighstreet.com/belleandboo/product/hot-air-balloons-wall-stickers

And I am also contemplating getting him these as they look gorgeous and you can choose the colours www.notonthehighstreet.com/thebrightbluepig/product/safari-animal-wall-stickers-pack-two

The air balloons were really easy to put up but am guessing the animals might be slightly more tricky!

HappyAsEyeAm Sun 09-Feb-14 11:54:18

They are really sweet. I am going to play with the layout of the room and work out how much wallspace he has. Its not Much, unfortunately, so I need to make the most of it!

BazilGin Tue 11-Feb-14 21:03:54

I recommend Pinterest for inspiration.

whereisshe Tue 11-Feb-14 23:25:36

In terms of colour scheme, I think a warm dove grey would go with the mauve and cream, like this?

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 12-Feb-14 09:06:59

whereisshe the dove grey is a real possibility. I hadn't thought of it at all. I will get a tester pot and have a go. Thanks!

ListWriter Wed 12-Feb-14 23:30:38

Think carefully about the stickers. They look lovely but our DS (2y) enjoys pulling them off the walls and crumpling them up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now