Talk

Advanced search

What colour carpet with this peacock blue velvet sofa?

(4 Posts)
Kitttty Wed 05-Feb-14 16:43:42

looking to create a layered blue nordic thing - with pops of coral, lime, mustard - does the carpet need to be a flecky grey - sisal looking thing (needs to be bullet proof - have 4 kids and a puppy) - or natural seasgrass (brown tones?)....or could I do something else? could I add a simple coloured rug on top (if I went for the grey/seagrass option) to define the seating space ... or should you not put a rug on carpet?
www.furniturevillage.co.uk/Customer-Services/Before-you-buy/Find-a-Store/UK-Map/Store-Details.aspx?storeid=36

AmIatwat Wed 05-Feb-14 21:46:57

Don't have sea grass unless you are a minimalist sans kiddies, I'm thinking a sort of washed out old gold would look good, Grey would be too flat and beige too drab. Old gold is a sort of mustardy olive, I love it, it was popular in the 50's and 60's. It would really compliment peacock blue.

Kitttty Wed 05-Feb-14 22:15:25

AmIatwat -- was hoping someone would say that -- I am also thinking a faded orange - but are flat carpets a nightmare to keep?

AmIatwat Wed 05-Feb-14 22:29:40

No just an annual rug doctor treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now