Talk

Advanced search

Nice net curtains/lace curtains ideas

(12 Posts)
Elizabeth22 Fri 17-Jan-14 15:46:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsMarigold Fri 17-Jan-14 15:49:57

There is no such thing as nice net curtains. The end.

shoom Fri 17-Jan-14 15:55:06

Have you thought about voile panels?

overmydeadbody Fri 17-Jan-14 15:58:48

Why do you need net curtains? Is there any way you could just do away with them altogether?There is a reason you don't see them in interior mags.

What about shutters? I love wooden shutters.

Have a look on Pinterest, you might find inspiration there.

shoom Fri 17-Jan-14 15:58:51

Voile and curtain

OuterFromOutersville Fri 17-Jan-14 16:02:13

Voile panels + curtains. You'll need a double curtain pole.

SpottyTeacakes Fri 17-Jan-14 16:04:54

We have voiles and curtains here. Our windows are massive and cars come towards the house off of the road so have no choice unfortunately. They're much nicer than net curtains though.

whereisshe Fri 17-Jan-14 16:07:57

I've seen lovely ones in France - you can get vintage options on Etsy if that suits your decor, eg.

Helpyourself Fri 17-Jan-14 16:14:03

We don't have nets. It shocks the elderly rellies, but we're away from the road and elevated, so you can't see in too clearly. When we were bang on the pavement, literally, I frosted the bottom half of the sash windows (for privacy)

Elizabeth22 Tue 21-Jan-14 22:31:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoB78 Wed 22-Jan-14 12:22:24

Hi Elizabeth

I would suggest voile panels fixed on a cafe rod inside the recess of your window - acts the same as net curtains but much more modern and you can get many different colours and patterns etc. Also with the cafe rod there is no need for a double pole and it appears minimal and not chunky inside the window space.

If you need any further advise do let me know as I am a curtain and blind fitter so could help with fitting/supplying cafe rods if required.

Cheers
Leo

crestfitters Tue 25-Mar-14 19:17:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now