Talk

Advanced search

Will this tile style date my bathroom?

(15 Posts)
SmileItsSunny Wed 06-Nov-13 11:53:32

I like it, DH isn't sure...

Would love your opinions / alternative suggestions.

NB It is for the family bathroom.

Laura Ashley Marchmount

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 06-Nov-13 11:55:55

they are lovely. I am assuming not the whole bathroom though, could be a bit too busy.

IHeartKingThistle Wed 06-Nov-13 12:12:20

They look a bit 80s/90s to me. Not my sort of thing (although I have flower power wallpaper in my bathroom so you may not value my opinion! grin)

CiderwithBuda Wed 06-Nov-13 12:15:57

Well everything dates. So in that sense yes.
So it's up to you!

SmileItsSunny Wed 06-Nov-13 12:19:51

Thanks all.
Not the whole bathroom, prob just a feature wall behind the bath. Plain white tiles for the rest.

80's-90's? hmmm. in our ensuite I have gone for Isadore - I really like white!

True, everything dates - but I'd like to be ahead of the curve for a change!

SmileItsSunny Wed 06-Nov-13 12:22:06

also (while I hopefully have you still here!) if we could only afford to tile half way up the walls in the rest of the bathroom - would that look 'naff'?

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 06-Nov-13 13:19:31

im not sure if its naff to only tile half way up the wall, but I prefer that. It always looks too clinical fully tiled.

kitsmummy Thu 07-Nov-13 11:48:01

Tling only half way up is a good thing IMO, I really don't like fully tiled walls. That said, I'm not keen on those tiles either, I agree they look a bit 80s ish.

How about these? We have the green and white Laccio behind our bath and over the sink, they look fab laccio and a large format co-ordinating tile on floor and in shower

Teeb Thu 07-Nov-13 20:42:29

I'm a big Laura Ashley lover, but they are never 'current' to begin with.

BananaPie Thu 07-Nov-13 20:46:29

I don't think that they'll date in the sense that someone would be able to tell from then that your bathroom was installed circa 2013 - not sure that the pattern is all that "in" at the moment. Main thing is whether or not you like them!

deepfriedsage Sun 10-Nov-13 01:12:35

I don't think those tiles were or are in either. They are pleasant enough. Maybe a feature behind the sink will be easy to replace later if needed.

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Nov-13 01:36:10

I think you are ahead of the curve. We've been stuck in stone-effect-tile hell for the last few years, and I think the more decorative look is coming back.

Just one wall, though....

Selks Sun 10-Nov-13 01:37:46

Kitsmummy, I love those Laccio tiles - fab!

OP sorry but I do think those tiles might date, but the main thing is to go with what you like. Tiles are tricky!

lljkk Sun 10-Nov-13 01:58:40

I would like them in strategically placed strips.

SmileItsSunny Wed 20-Nov-13 20:02:19

Thanks all, sorry for the delay.
You gave me some concern with the 'dated' look... but I went with it in the end. the pattern is much larger than I expected!
but fortunately I think it looks lovely. Just one wall. Hoping to have the opposite wall painted or papered a matching blue.

Thank you for the link kitsmummy they are a little busier than I wanted. I saw something similar in pink and blue, which was ....odd. Wouldn't have been able to persuade DH though. Possibly a bit too loud for me in the green.

CointreauVersial let's hope you're right - I also hate the stone effect business, or indeed anything brown/beige!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now