Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please can you help me find some chest of drawer bedside tables?

(19 Posts)
ireallyhavenoidea Tue 23-Jul-13 16:07:08

Just that really. We won't have space for chest of drawers at the end of the bed where we first thought we would but have loads of space either side of our bed so thought we could get some low chests of drawers and use them as bedside tables.

I have seen loads of pictures of this but am struggling to find any! I have pale duck egg walls, white built in wardrobe doors and a brown leather bed. I originally thought we need white but am not so sure now.

So, can anyone find a low chest of drawers which can be used as bedside tables - for ideally £250 each or less (less better!) - and advise which colour please?

Thankssmile

nancerama Tue 23-Jul-13 16:21:24

There's a range of styles here www.jufurniture.co.uk/chests-11-c.asp

I've ordered from them before. If you're prepared to wait they can make with special finishes or changed dimensions.

ireallyhavenoidea Tue 23-Jul-13 20:29:40

Thanks nancerama. I didn't know I was so fussy about bedside tables ... Can't see anything I like there sad. Think I want plain. Hmmm. Any other sites I can look at anyone?

nancerama Tue 23-Jul-13 21:57:13

This ? eu.fab.com/sale/9572?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=tuesday_department_morning_list&utm_campaign=daily_department_mailer&navEmail=1&page=1

WafflyVersatile Tue 23-Jul-13 22:05:24

what height do you need them to be?

WafflyVersatile Tue 23-Jul-13 22:06:27

Something like this?

direct.asda.com/Strasbourg-Chest---4-Drawer---Walnut-Veneer/001797748,default,pd.html?cm_mmc=ad-ppc-_-ggle-pla-_-Home-_-001797748&utm_source=ggle-pla&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=001797748&utm_content=Home&utm_campaign=ad

WafflyVersatile Tue 23-Jul-13 22:16:45

www.space2.com/space2fit/space2fit-black-gloss/modular-bedroom-black-gloss-3-drawer-wide-chest.htm

WafflyVersatile Tue 23-Jul-13 22:18:12

www.space2.com/bedroom-furniture/chest-of-drawers/modular-bedroom-burgundy-gloss-3-drawer-wide-chest.htm

WafflyVersatile Tue 23-Jul-13 22:20:55

Completely irrelevant but I want this for my non-existent kids.

www.ivgstores.com/prodimages-cdls/ATL/atl-ab55624-1.jpg

WafflyVersatile Tue 23-Jul-13 22:25:45

www.chrissharpcabinets.co.uk/.Oak-and-Walnut-mixed-6-Drawer-Wide-Chest-long-leg-Hybrid-Collection_HY700.htm

ireallyhavenoidea Wed 24-Jul-13 15:24:26

Oooo, waffly thanks, I like some of those. I think they are exactly what I was after but maybe white (do you think?).

Off to look more at those sites...

Periwinkle007 Wed 24-Jul-13 22:37:16

don't rule out bathroom storage units - there are some very nice white wood drawer units that might do the job.

I want new bedside tables too - ideally cupboards or drawer units but I only have a budget of £100 for 2 and I want them to be quite high. Our new bed turned out to be a lot higher than we expected and the 60cm high bedside units we already had are really low. I think we need about 72cm high ones and can't find anything.

WafflyVersatile Thu 25-Jul-13 00:44:51

No idea what your tastes are but these are 72cm.

www.sustainable-furniture.co.uk/storage-units/storage-units/reclaimed-pallet-wood-3-rattan-drawers-storage-unit-country-white/prod_836.html

OrangeLily Thu 25-Jul-13 01:10:46

Also don't rule out office furniture. Our bedside tables are drawer units and are Ikea office furniture.

Periwinkle007 Thu 25-Jul-13 10:35:04

thanks Wafflyversatile - I am never too sure about rattan, I always think it smells a bit strange (I am odd - I know) but that could work just as shelves anyway.

WafflyVersatile Thu 25-Jul-13 11:28:15

you could sell the baskets on and bring the price down!

It's the height which is probably going to be the limiting factor. You probably already know that.

Periwinkle007 Thu 25-Jul-13 11:59:37

I know - we couldn't believe just how high the bed is. we had to get special deep sheets off ebay because the mattress is so thick. Superking size bed with enormous mattress, drawers underneath and delivery for £399!
but yes a big problem with the bedside tables - I have to put a stack of hardback books under my clock in order to be able to see it.

Ponders Thu 25-Jul-13 12:02:21

Ikea Malm comes in white - 2 good big drawers - DS2 has one in his room

Not solid wood obv but they look quite smart smile

Ponders Thu 25-Jul-13 12:04:44

or Hemnes which is solid wood but the drawers are smaller

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now