Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom - is a feature wall of wallpaper a bit old hat now?

(6 Posts)
AnythingNotEverything Wed 22-May-13 19:14:17

Hello,

I'm going round and round in circles trying to choose new decor for our bedroom.

We're due to strip it thus weekend and may need to have it skimmed.

My inspiration is from some lovely pale blue and grey bedding we have. Our furniture is all sort of country pine.

I love some of the Laura Ashley small print wallpapers, but don't think I'd want paper in all four walls. Also, greys and white feel like they might be a bit stark.

Help! I've scoured google and pinterest and am still stuck!

TIA

JazzAnnNonMouse Wed 22-May-13 19:43:59

We've just done a feature wall in our bedroom - looks fab and would've been too much for the whole room.

It's your house - do it!

AnythingNotEverything Fri 24-May-13 11:42:40

Thank you!

The deafening silence shows me it's not some kind of old fashioned horror!

doublecakeplease Fri 24-May-13 11:45:25

We've just done 1 and a half walls (1 full wall, 1 just up to the alcove) and it looks fab - not as twee as 1 feature wall and seems to merge a bit better

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 26-May-13 17:34:36

Do you have a link to the paper?

Am thinking about this too. We have just had our 2 main bedrooms on the 1st floor sorted out as part of our new loft conversion work. So I am wondering about DD's room (due in 4 weeks).

I am finding it difficult to contemplate covering up a beautifully straight plastered wall with paper (esp as we have generally lived with the existing paper where we have lived before), when we could just paint it!

However, I think 4 walls one colour doesn't look as good as having a feature wall. And like you I think 4 walls of paper can look too much.

I think it less about 'decor fashion' and more about creating a room that looks attractive?

We are thinking about a wall of www.wallpaperdirect.co.uk/products/coloroll/poppet/93777

AnythingNotEverything Sun 26-May-13 22:32:30

That paper is lovely! Really fresh.

This one I've spotted is this one:

http://www.lauraashley.com/wallpaper/ironwork-scroll-dove-grey-wallpaper/invt/3568950

I can't do a proper link from my phone hmm

I think we might just do the other walls white, or maybe a pale blue. Will have to get a sample first! I quite like the idea of maybe doing two walls though ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now