Talk

Advanced search

Hall, Stairs & Landing Paint....?

(11 Posts)
monkeychambers Wed 22-May-13 09:13:38

Need some ideas as DH is bored of me talking about paint.....am struggling to decide.

Our hall, stairs and landing are being painted next week. Its quite dark and narrow, Edwardian Terrace all doors are wood....would you go for the Dulux Light & Space paint (used it in ds's room and pleased with it) or Dulux Endurance paint as DS is not yet 2yrs old, DD is 7 so not a worry....

And then colour wise......I just can't decide.......

Any useful suggestions / experience very much appreciated.

monkeychambers Wed 22-May-13 09:15:53

Hmm just noticed Crown Easyclean paint - is this any better.....

FriedSprout Wed 22-May-13 09:27:27

Hi, am just about to go through this too. I am hoping to source some clever wall hung storage to keep clutter to minimum, large mirror to help with light issues, console table with nice lamp and possibly storage under.

Feel your pain re paint, I would go with something easy to clean and with a bit of warmth to it, possibly tie it in with nice carpet runner. Use the mirrors and table lamps for additional light help.

monkeychambers Wed 22-May-13 09:36:19

That's what I am thinking - the easy to clean and with a bit of warmth to it.

I'm taking the children away while DH does it - have that mild panic that I'll choose the paint and then get back and think...oh I don't like it. You never know until its done (although I always get this panic)

TerraNotSoFirma Wed 22-May-13 09:41:27

Another one about to undertake decorating the hall and stairs.
I know which colours I want, but with two dogs, a toddler and a pre-schooler, I need something very chip resistant and very wipeable.
Which paint do you think would be best?

The wall on the right hand side of the staircase has been damaged when the new heating was installed so this will need new wallpaper.
I'm thinking of getting a patterned paper and making a feature wall (I'm going to be kicked off MN now)
The carpet is a dark greige kind of colour, the woodwork will be pale grey gloss and walls a light grey.
Any recommendations for wallpaper would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for slight hijack OP) smile

monkeychambers Wed 22-May-13 09:45:06

Terra - no problem - the more the better!

Am hoping someone will pop along and say 'use XXX brand/type of paint' worked the best for them....

lissieloo Wed 22-May-13 09:45:34

We are in the process of decorating our hall, stairs and landing. We are using Wilkinsons Pearl grey which has a lilacy tint and a the wallpaper in the pic, the hallway is very narrow, but it looks lovely esp with a large mirror.

monkeychambers Wed 22-May-13 09:57:03

That looks lovely lissieloo !

lissieloo Wed 22-May-13 10:01:45

Thank you, it didn't take long either. We are doing it on a budget. Next step is laying laminate flooring (we have a white dog, and a small boy, carpets get filthy) I'm a bit nervous tbh.

We're just about to do ours, probably in Endurance. I like Natural Hessian which was recommended on here, but dp thinks it's too dark. We might go for Natural Wicker(man!) instead.

EasyFromNowOn Sun 26-May-13 20:03:31

We used b&q own brand, I think it was Cotton White, which is just slightly off white.

It's been surprisingly hard wearing, and it scrubs up really nicely from the various hand prints and ink stains etc which have been left on the wall of the stairs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now