Talk

Advanced search

Where do you display school pictures?

(18 Posts)
Aika Tue 21-May-13 17:26:25

They are so cute, but I can't find the right place for them in the house somehow. Over the years we've collected quite a few...

CoffeeShoppe Tue 21-May-13 17:31:23

kitchen cupboard fronts. Or do you mean the school photos?

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 21-May-13 17:31:44

In the special green box that goes outside the front door every week grin

They usually go on the fridge for a bit first then I get rid either when they do a new one or when they start to curl at the edges.

Not much help to you blush

Shakey1500 Tue 21-May-13 17:34:08

On bookcase shelves. I've only 3 pictures at the moment though (from 1ds) I'll probably just keep the current years as we get more.

I thought you meant pictures scribbled drawn at school originally. In which case the majority go to Nanna and Grandad. They must have thousands wink grin

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 21-May-13 17:34:13

Oh if school photos I have a few frames they go in and only display the most recent (which for dd is still her reception one as the subsequent ones have been crap)

Wishiwasanheiress Tue 21-May-13 17:36:26

My mum displays my yearly school photos behind each other on her bookcase. Flick em fast enough and watch me age.....!

Ones I drew she kept in a folder. Ill probs do same. Weirdly I do remember doing some of them.

Aika Tue 21-May-13 17:42:13

Yes, I meant school photos. Would it be disrespectful (not sure to whom, but still...) to put them in the guest loo?

whattodoo Tue 21-May-13 17:47:23

I've got a school year-by-year book (much like a baby record book) that has spaces for school photos, name of teacher, best friend, favourite lesson/school trip/certificate etc.

I display the most current/favorite and the rest go into the book to be reminisced over in the future.

Shakey1500 Tue 21-May-13 17:56:11

Ummm I wouldn't find it disrespectful but in all honesty I would probably roll my eyes in a kind of "Ye Gads, I've got to look at their kids even when I'm having a <insert as necessary>" grin

LynetteScavo Tue 21-May-13 17:58:59

No where.

My DC have never bought home a cute school photo! They are all stuck in a box under my bed.

If I were going to hang them, the downstairs look would be the best place.

DreamsTurnToGoldDust Tue 21-May-13 18:05:05

In a cupboard, I hate them but feel compelled to buy them for some unknown reason. My SIL has them going down the stairs, I wouldnt mind but her youngest is now 27!

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 21-May-13 18:12:05

I don't buy them every year. I have one on my bedside cabinet, 3 in the display unit and one in the coffee table.

wonkylegs Tue 21-May-13 18:57:02

I've only bought our 1st one this year. DS is leaving the school as we are moving house. It's a class photo and it's going in his new room on the wall.

Ragwort Tue 21-May-13 18:59:07

We have a whole wall of them in our study blush - from 0 - 12 (fortunately we only have one child) grin. The nicest one (ie: when he was aged 9) is by my side of the bed as well !

Dreams - that would worry me, fortunately no one except DH and I use our study !

Aika Tue 21-May-13 19:46:35

Shakey very funny grin

I guess I must add that I was not talking about DC's photos, but a whole school photo that I got with a frame (big mistake). It is now leaning against the wall in my study and I don't know what to do with it. DC does not want it in her room, I don't want it in my study. It now turns out guests wouldn't like it in the loo grin. Darn thing.

Shakey1500 Tue 21-May-13 19:59:27

Well I guess there's only one solution then, to stick it under a bed/in attic then drag it out on DC's 21st Birthday to festoon a party venue in all it's technicolour, cringe-worthy glory grin

Aika Tue 21-May-13 20:47:02

Under the bed they go.
I love the idea of putting them in an album, year by year, but that would be far too organised.)))

UniS Tue 21-May-13 20:50:05

I have bought 1. its is filed in a box with other photos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now