Talk

Advanced search

Nee bathroom - blank canvass - one clueless owner

(4 Posts)
MakeTeaNotWar Mon 20-May-13 08:44:15

Hi we recently completed a loft conversion so I have a family bathroom and an ensuite to style and I haven't a clue.

The family bathroom is east facing and has a huge velux window so is very bright in the morning. As it faces the sea, I thought of doing it beachy style but am now wondering if that's tacky?

I've bought these floor tiles tiles and a bright blue roller blind blinds

We'll get a plain white bathroom suite with shower over bath.

What do you think? What should we do with the walls - fully tile and if so what colour? Any recommendations for tiles or accessories would be great please

JazzAnnNonMouse Mon 20-May-13 15:30:12

I wouldn't fully tile as it make it easier to change in the future.
I would go for neutral tiles in wet areas and decorate with paint/accessories so its easy to change.

strongandlong Mon 20-May-13 15:44:33

I think seaside-y bathrooms can be really nice, although it is fairly easy to stray into tacky.

Have a look at some examples and see what kind of thing you like: seaside bathrooms

benlinus Thu 23-May-13 12:44:31

Well my bathroom is fully decorated with tiles, because i decorated it with as colour in the whole bathrooms. Tiles always give a bright and decent look.The main advantage of tile is to be free from paint walls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now