Talk

Advanced search

well its a cock up so....

(10 Posts)
thriftychic Tue 14-May-13 21:40:58

how do i make it less crap ?
my stairs and landing needed re painting and my bedroom was looking shabby too so i bought white paint ( stairs and landing were already white ) and myself and dh painted the stairs , landing and bedroom with it .
the stairs and landing look fine but the bedroom is just too..well ..white , and boring . I have one very big bare white wall which is the first thing i see almost at the end of my bed when i wake and it dazzles me !
dh is being arsy about changing it . so can i somehow make it stylishly white ? modern ? chic ? scandinavian ?
sorry if this is a ramble but ideas appreciated !

thriftychic Tue 14-May-13 21:43:11

have maple coloured wardrobes either side the bed and a beige carpet if that matters

Furball Tue 14-May-13 21:54:14

Paint the wall as a 'feature wall' in bright colour like shocking pink, purple or bright blue

Furball Tue 14-May-13 21:57:03

like this sort of blue

brightyoungthing Tue 14-May-13 22:39:36

Why don't you buy some beautiful art to fill the bare wall? Or a lovely mirror?
We painted the front room and our bedroom magnolia as we have so many pictures. We thought if we painted a color it would look 'too much' and the pale walls make the pictures stand out.

brightyoungthing Tue 14-May-13 22:40:23

What color are your curtains and bedding?

thriftychic Tue 14-May-13 22:45:06

bit worried about any strong colours , do like blue but it isnt a very big room. i have a white blind and white bedding at the moment but can change them

wonkylegs Wed 15-May-13 20:16:35

We have a pale cream room which would be bland but we have a huge canvas (done by me grin when I still painted pre kids) which is the focus of the room.

SizzleSazz Wed 15-May-13 20:17:41

Gorgeous wallpaper on the feature wall smile

thriftychic Thu 16-May-13 19:07:07

thanks , think i am going to go with wallpaper . dh wont be happy though because i think he will have to be the one to hang it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now