Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone help me with my bedroom - link

(8 Posts)
deliakate Tue 07-May-13 14:41:01

currently

I am relatively happy with it (apart from the obvious wall over the fireplace which I need to plaster). But looking to change maybe the wall colour. Can't stretch ATM to changing curtains, walls or carpet, but what else could I do to tie things together? Thanks fore looking....

Tee2072 Tue 07-May-13 14:51:07

First of all, WOW that's a big room!

I'd buy some stuff for the surfaces, i.e. interesting colour vases or framed pictures on the bureau and/or the little table.

You can also buy cheap pictures at Ikea or similar to hang on the walls. Or an area rug to match the sofa between it and the fireplace.

deliakate Tue 07-May-13 20:56:50

It is a big room, if I was starting from scratch I still don't know what I'd do to make it cosier. It a bit of a picadilly junction as the whole family is in here most mornings....

RachelHRD Tue 07-May-13 21:21:37

I would probably go with a mint or sage colour on the walls - something which ties in with the green of the sofa and will warm it up a bit. Or you could go for wallpaper behind the bed and then a toning paint colour on the walls. Laura Ashley do some lovely papers which would tie in with the style of your room.

I would also get a rug for the area between fireplace and sofa. I also think if you moved some of the furniture around it might help to break up some of the areas. A nice print or mirror above the fireplace and a print above the chest of drawers would also soften it and perhaps some soft lighting - table or standard lamps. Also some jugs of flowers would look lovely.

Lovely room btw!!

uptherear Mon 13-May-13 23:03:51

I'd swap the position of the cot and the settee. Think the settee too big at end of bed. Maybe it wouldn't look better but it's the first thing that came in my head when I looked.
Nice room btw.

SmellsLikeWeenSpirits Mon 13-May-13 23:17:25

The sofa looks awkward, and the wardrobe and chest if drawers too. I'd move the chest of drawers to the other side of the door where the little lamp table is currently

SmellsLikeWeenSpirits Mon 13-May-13 23:20:36

Gah. Sorry re read and it's colour you want advice on not furniture placement

I'd tie something into the sofa then as that's the predominant thing giving colour, lampshades, a bedspread and yes, some nice splashy colorful art on the walks

steppemum Tue 14-May-13 00:00:34

well, one thing that strikes me is that the duvet cover and the sofa clash. (I realise this may be photo colour)

I would change bedding/get a bedspread/recover sofa or something. The blue duvet and the sage sofa really kill each other.

There are lots of nice colours in your curtains. You could use the sage or the soft pink/red. Or use the darker cream/beige colour (like the carpet)

I think I would get deep pinky/red duvet cover, and paint something in the same color as the sofa - maybe the fireplace wall? Get a rug for the floor and a couple of pictures for the walls, that echo the colours of the room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now