Talk

Advanced search

any paintologists out there? How to neutralise pink in paint?

(2 Posts)
Dragonball Thu 11-Apr-13 14:34:54

hi, I've just had two bedrooms painted in Nutmeg White by Dulux. Lovely clean, light colour, but it has come out with a very definite pink glow...which is kind of ok in the kids room (boy and girl sharing) but too much in the other room. The carpets, which we might change eventually but not yet, are a very yellowy beige. Is there anything I can do to neutralise it a bit? for eg. lampshade/ blinds of a particular colour? I've noticed when the light's on it's much more pink and they are energy-saving bulbs so wondered if that had something to do with it?

Cocolily Thu 11-Apr-13 18:10:02

It sounds like you have 'cool pink' walls and 'warm' coloured carpet which is why something is jarring. How about putting a cool neutral rug e.g taupe on the floor to minimize the warmth in the carpet? Have you had your colours done? It helps to understand the different palettes and which colours suit you as this effects your choice in home furnishings and helps you understand why you are attracted to some colours!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now