Talk

Advanced search

Blue/grey velvet sofa

(8 Posts)
snowgal Wed 10-Apr-13 15:32:38

I have absolutely have my heart set on a velvet sofa (goodness knows why, with a toddler and dog!), I'm thinking that blue/grey would be a relatively classic colour to buy in, given this will be an investment for years to come, and I wondered if anyone had seen one on their travels? I think I'm looking for a classic shaped sofa, although DP would quite like a corner sofa for lazing on. I thought it would be easier to find one that it's turning out to be. Any help greatly appreciated!

Bonsoir Wed 10-Apr-13 17:15:17

I have an anthracite velvet sofa - loose covers, that unzip and can be washed and tumbled. Frankly it is perfect for toddlers! The shop where I bought mine no longer exists, however.

jammietart Wed 10-Apr-13 18:52:48

We have just bought a velvet- ish dark grey ( with blue tone) sofa from Collins and Hayes. It's a type of corner group, like a large sofa with a chaise on one end. It's fab! Called cloud if you want to google and they stock at Heals.

some nice ones here?

Gingersnap88 Wed 10-Apr-13 22:27:29

Have you tried sofa.com? They have some lovely ones

mrsshackleton Thu 11-Apr-13 11:54:30

Bonsoir, can you wash and tumble ALL velvet covers. Would change my life were this true grin

snowgal Thu 11-Apr-13 11:55:19

Thanks for the reassurance Bonsoir, your sofa sounds perfect sad

Loving the Cloud sofa Jammietart, looks just what I was thinking of, absolutely gorgeous - now how do I persuade DP to spend £2k more than I was hoping.....?

Bonsoir Thu 11-Apr-13 12:04:09

I would have thought that any cotton velvet loose covers would wash and tumble, but can you do a trial run with a single cushion first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now