Talk

Advanced search

Where do I stop one colour and start the other???

(5 Posts)
partystress Mon 08-Apr-13 18:13:45

Will struggle to explain this but here goes...I am planning to paint two walls of my kitchen in green, and the other two white. One of the green walls has 3 windows, all recessed into the wall. The pic shows the problem window: the wall adjoining it, which will be white forms the far right window recess. I really like the idea of the recesses being green, because the white frames will look lovely against it, but I don't know how it would look to have this end window with two green recessy bits, and one (the far right) white. Is there a protocol for this sort of thing??? All advice gratefuuly recieved!

Rockchick1984 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:10:52

No idea about protocol, but I think it needs to be green for the part above the window, and white to the side otherwise it may look a bit strange.

like when my DH made a mess of the top of the walls, so the ceilin ended up with a frame of paint where he tried to tidy it up rather than just repainting the ceiling white

partystress Mon 08-Apr-13 23:04:46

Thanks Rockchick. Ooh, loving the sound of your ceiling grin

7to25 Tue 09-Apr-13 09:27:57

In reality window recesses nearly always look better white, which would solve your problem

partystress Tue 09-Apr-13 18:57:43

[fingers in ears] noooooo 7to25 have my heart set on green up to the window frames...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now