Talk

Advanced search

Which colour tiles for my kitchen?

(7 Posts)
AlwaysReadyForABlether Tue 29-Jan-13 21:39:24

I am getting my kitchen re-tiled but I'm keeping the existing units and worktop.
The units are light oak and the worktop is mottled beige, sage, cream and grey.
I am going for brick style tiles but can't decide which colour. Should I go for sage green and then paint the walls cream. Or the other way about - cream tiles and sage walls?
Any thoughts?

amazingmumof6 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:21:11

go for red. goes with anything, gives a bit of energy and "fizz" (yes, it is my favourite colour!)

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:22:40

I would go cream tiles. That way you can change the wall colour to whatever you like.

Chippychop Fri 01-Feb-13 09:52:08

I have red as an accent in my kitchen but not brave enough to commit to it as tiles I'd opt for cream tiles and coloured walls them you have a choice to change it. Why not buy one tile of each to test it?

AlwaysReadyForABlether Fri 01-Feb-13 22:17:20

Thanks Chippychop I have one of each tile sitting in my kitchen just now. But I still keep changing my mind!

mathanxiety Sun 03-Feb-13 06:19:57

Dark red/burgundy for any dark/recessed corners and maybe sage elsewhere -- a long stretch of wall.

Cream tiles. That way you can change wall colour easily if you tire of what you choose.

benlinus Fri 17-May-13 09:13:45

I would go with glass tiles, pick something with a grey coloring or even clear would look great. The grey would make your stainless steel appliances look great. Have a look on new style tiles. its a best option for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: