RyanAir - 2year old

(4 Posts)
tryingtobeablogger Wed 21-Jul-21 12:30:57

Hello wondering if anyone can help.

We fly to Portugal in a couple of weeks and whilst we're there my daughter turns 2. when we booked the flights, it said we had to book it for the age she returns so we booked a seat for her. I've just tried to check in and it won't let me enter her passport details because she's not yet 2. I've tried to call RyanAir but they're so busy and the chat won't work either 😭

OP’s posts: |
Geamhradh Thu 22-Jul-21 07:54:20

help.ryanair.com/hc/en-tr/articles/360017683717-Changing-a-Passenger-Type

You've probably seen this, but it says if the child turns 2 while away you should book two separate flights because of the passenger type changing. (I suppose outward as infant, return as child)
I think you're going to have to sit on the phone for 58 hours. sad Good luck!

PeonyTime Thu 22-Jul-21 08:15:43

I agree with Geamhradh
If you have a second (or twelfth) birthday while away, ut us very difficult to book online.
Get on hold on the phone and chat concurrently to see which works first. Sorry.

JustWonderingIfYou Thu 22-Jul-21 08:31:26

Easiest to book 2 single flights.

Book as infant on way out and child on way home. If you still want her to have her own seat on way out then you can book a child seat and put infant comfort seat as the passenger name. This means you get much better luggage allowance too! You do have to then call up/wait for the online chat and get her name attached to your seat but it means you can lock in a cheap price.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in