Talk

Advanced search

Paris restaurant recommendations

(13 Posts)
Mummyonline Fri 27-Dec-19 22:05:20

Relais de l'Entrecote is amazing. We prefer the one on Rue Saint Benoit. Not overly expensive and you get served a salad followed by steak with the most incredible sauce. You get a few servings and as many amazing frites as you desire. Definitely worth visiting

http://www.relaisentrecote.fr/?pageid=396&lang=frr_FR

luiscrafter507 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:24:54

Chez Clement, Paris - 123avenue des Champs-Elysees . genuine french resto

Owlbabie5 Tue 27-Aug-19 07:10:45

Love Chartier, the waiters were lovely with my dc. Patiently taught my dc how to eat snails properly. I did order in my crappy French so maybe that helped. Our steaks were all great and as you say cheap too. Fantastic atmosphere.

milliefiori Sun 25-Aug-19 10:58:44

I agree that Chartier waiters aren't rude if you speak French. But I've seen them be mechant with Americans. And they had a go at my son when he ordered fries with a dish that is supposed to be eaten with puree de pomme de terre. grin

strongandlong Sun 25-Aug-19 06:33:49

www.robertetlouise.com/ is DH's favorite restaurant in Paris. The steak is fantastic and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Enjoy your trip!

Shockers Sun 25-Aug-19 06:30:21

Le Recrutement Café

36 Boulevard de la Tour-Maubourg, 75007 Paris, France
+33 1 47 05 46 85

I’ve eaten here twice on separate visits to Paris, and enjoyed it both times. It’s cosy and quite casual, and the waiter who served us both times was really friendly- he asked us to try a new pudding they’d just made -for free -the second time! They have the sort of thing your dad enjoys, done well, but also more traditionally French dishes. It’s not fancy at all, but has a nice atmosphere.

msmith501 Sun 25-Aug-19 06:17:15

https://www.restaurant-allard.fr/en/restaurant/place-history

Really enjoyed this restaurant run by Alain DuCasse / his team. Didn't like the Chartier on a Sunday although agree it's a busy lively place.

BigMamaFratelli Sun 25-Aug-19 05:13:01

Another vote for Chartier. DP and I loved it. Didn't find the waiters rude but then I speak a little French so maybe that was it

SnowsInWater Sun 25-Aug-19 04:41:58

Ha ha growling, I was about to say Chartier too. We have always found the waiters charming and very funny, but DH speaks fluent French which probably helps. Let us know where you end up OP.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 20-Aug-19 11:51:47

Ralph’s www.ralphlauren.co.uk/en/global/ralphs-paris/7120

growlingbear Mon 19-Aug-19 23:17:06

Forgot to say. They do steak frites or poulet frites (chicken and fries) - both trad french style. It's not a relaxed romantic dinner for two. But it is an experience.

Another one we really liked was Au Chien Qui Fume at Les Halles. Trad French brasserie but a bit calmer and more upmarket that Chartier.

growlingbear Mon 19-Aug-19 23:08:55

I like Chartier . It can be a bit hit and miss, and the waiters are rude (as they are everywhere in Paris) But it has an atmosphere like nowhere else. it's like being back in the Paris of Van Gogh and Monet. And it's cheap.

wannabemum38 Mon 19-Aug-19 22:35:04

Me and my DP are off to Paris this weekend for anniversary want to have a meal out which is not too pricey but my
oh is a fussy eater basically eats burgers, steak and nandos so any help much much appreciated! We are probably doing a boat cruise which is quite central Paris so somewhere near there be good thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in