Talk

Advanced search

Abroad with a 2 yr old routine

(3 Posts)
Happyspud Fri 26-Apr-19 15:24:58

Just go with the flow. Don’t be overthinking it or over planning. It will make no difference. You’ll get there and some things will work well, some better than expected, some not at all. So you’ll respond accordingly.

reluctantbrit Fri 26-Apr-19 15:22:02

Depends on your child. At that age Dd would never ever entertain sleeping in the buggy or even if she would wake up again and be wide awake instead of going down nicely in the cot.

I would be prepared for him being awake and either sleep longer or waking up as usual and napping.

When we were in Lanzarote last October our hotel didn’t do dinner until 7/7.30pm, so it may be 8.30pm anyway by the time you have finished eating.

luch123 Fri 26-Apr-19 14:45:38

Hi , so we have a family holiday booked for September 2019 to Lanzarote, it will be our first family holiday, and first time flying for my ( will be 2 year old ) and 10 yr old.

I am attempting to reesearch hints and tips for surviving the flight, but my partner is amazing with the kids so I know we will share the load for the 4 hour flight.

When we are there, I am assuming that my sons sleep routine may go out the window, is it unreasonable to still enjoy evening entertainment whilst he slept in his buggy then transferred him to the cot around 9.30pm on a couple of evenings, as I don't think I can cope with just going back to the room for 7pm when it is his bedtime.

What do you think? what would you do ?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in