Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for Hamburg please

(9 Posts)
PestoFrostissimos Thu 15-Dec-16 12:17:23

Well thank you everyone, we had an amazing time.
Loved the Christmas markets so much and we were blown away by Minatur Wunderland - just incredible!

fsmile

OP’s posts: |
carnationlilyrose Tue 13-Dec-16 10:22:01

I've been twice for the Christmas markets, they're lovely! And there are so many that you hardly need a guidebook, you can just hop from one to the next in a matter of minutes. Last time we stayed here which is quite a cool place just to hang out for a drink as well.

viktoria Tue 13-Dec-16 10:21:16

It's not Christmas specific, but try to visit the fish market. I worked in Hamburg for a few months back in the 90s and loved the fish market best. Especially if you go out late and finish the night (or morning) there.
Have fun!

mrsmortis Tue 13-Dec-16 10:13:45

Minaturwunderland. www.miniatur-wunderland.com/visit/travel-guide/

Every time. Even if you'd normally have no interest in trains or model things. We went with my Dad for his 60th. It was his choice of venue. DM, DSis and I thought we'd sidle out after a few hours and go shopping. We ended up spending the whole day there. It's brilliant.

Do book an entry time slot in advance if you can though. Much better than standing in line.

PestoFrostissimos Sun 11-Dec-16 11:10:44

Bump again smile

PestoFrostissimos Sat 10-Dec-16 09:04:50

Well, I guess I am going to be a pioneer then grin

PestoFrostissimos Fri 09-Dec-16 12:47:49

Bump

PestoFrostissimos Fri 09-Dec-16 12:04:42

Recommendations blush

PestoFrostissimos Fri 09-Dec-16 12:04:01

We are off to Hamburg for a few days to visit the Christmas markets & have got a guide book.

However, would be grateful to receive any recommendans of must-sees or must-do's from those who have been there (or live there!)

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in