Talk

Advanced search

Copy of birth certificate without exact date of birth

(8 Posts)
vjg13 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:30:00

I would like to obtain a birth certificate and have all the details from find my past ie page and volume number, details of parents and name but don't know the first part of the date of birth. So I know ??/oct/76, can't seem to be able to order it on the GRO website, without puttingin a full date of birth. Any advice of how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Penfold007 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:58:56

If you've got the GRO reference, year and quarter from Findmypast you can order from the GRO web site without an exact date.

vjg13 Sat 11-Mar-17 16:10:42

Thanks for your reply, I must be doing something wrong because it has the date of birth as a compulsory field marked with a * and I can't seem to get round it.

Penfold007 Sun 12-Mar-17 06:33:18

If you go on WWW.gro.gov.uk you need to enter the year, first name and surname when birth was registered. Then add the GRO index information as requested. Is that the ordering service you used?

vjg13 Sun 12-Mar-17 07:33:15

Yes it is but the date of birth field comes up as compulsory as it is within the last 50 years.

FinallyHere Sun 12-Mar-17 08:07:46

If you have the reference, can you not look up that page online, and read the date from there?

Penfold007 Sun 12-Mar-17 08:32:20

That's a new feature I haven't seen before. You might be best giving them a ring. They are very helpful.

vjg13 Sun 12-Mar-17 13:50:25

I will ring them this week. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now