Talk

Advanced search

Revision!

(6 Posts)
dillinger Fri 02-Oct-09 08:09:44

I have my exam in about 5/6 weeks, and Im starting to find revision really difficult to get into. I set aside time but dont always manage to concentrate and that just leads me to feeling anxious that Im wasting revision time etc.

Like today, I feel no motivation but I didnt revise yesterday either. Ive tried different methods - note taking, those little card things, 'mind maps' and getting my partner to test me on relevant bits.

Are there things I am missing? Any tips for me please?

Thankyou

pandaiis Sat 03-Oct-09 19:58:52

Sounds like the major problem is getting somewhere to concentrate. I find sitting in the same place every time helps. For me it's the dining room table, away from distractions.

Can you get your hand on some past papers and try them? It helps with revision and shows you what areas you are strong on and the ones you need to revise more.

I vaguely remember one of my marketing tutors saying mind maps with lots of colours helps things stick in your head, but I dare say you've probably tried that.

dillinger Sun 04-Oct-09 19:14:14

There are some past papers I can print off to try but I had forgotten!

Thanks! smile

violetqueen Sun 04-Oct-09 20:00:33

I used to go to my local library and sit in the reference bit.
Very quiet and not possible to make coffee/go to the loo.
Good luck

HerHonesty Sat 10-Oct-09 12:19:02

VQ you are very lucky, my ref library is now actually the nosiest place in the world. they have patch work classes their ffs. and the librarians seem to do little else but sit around and chat in really loud voices...

past priters are a good idea

bugger my exam is on monday and i still cant get off MN>>

fluffles Sat 10-Oct-09 12:24:19

i'm a fan of a quiet starbucks myself grin

but maybe that's cause i live in a university town so there are a lot of other students in starbucks and there are no distractions like there are at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now