Talk

Advanced search

need advice on whether to go uni or not

(9 Posts)
vickiadele Mon 28-Sep-09 19:51:26

I have got the opportunity to go to uni to study to be a nurse, but i will end up starting uni in the oct, full time, and my ds will be starting school in the sept, im worried about him feeling let down, and dont really want the MIL to be the one taking ds to and from school, as she can become a bit overbearing, i fear id hardly see him! Do i go or not? im soo confused!

supersalstrawberry Mon 28-Sep-09 19:57:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Frizbe Mon 28-Sep-09 19:57:40

I think you should go, you'll still be there for him, and you'll be able to do the school run sometimes, right? think of the far future, when you'll be qualified and earning enough money to be able to help with the things he'll want when he's older smile

vickiadele Mon 28-Sep-09 20:01:17

thanks frizbe, the timetables are not set cos its nursing, the work placements can be days or nights, i I want to do it make ds proud of me and make myself realise that i can do it, not just talk about it

supersalstrawberry Mon 28-Sep-09 20:01:46

Wilts Mon 28-Sep-09 20:04:04

I am in my final year of uni, I also started in the October after Ds2 started reception in the September.

I manage to do some of the school runs and have a great childminder. Ds2 has never been phased at all by not be collected by me.

I would say go for it

supersalstrawberry Mon 28-Sep-09 20:04:23

vickiadele Mon 28-Sep-09 20:14:10

Thank you guys, i think i would regret it for def, i had tried talking to dh about it but he didnt know what to say!

supersalstrawberry Mon 28-Sep-09 20:20:06

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now