Talk

Advanced search

Interested in doing Radiography

(6 Posts)
shayna4 Fri 28-Aug-09 16:52:01

Hi
I am a mature student and have 4 children ages 17-6. I am interested in doing Diagnostic Radiography and will start an access course soon. I just wanted to know if there is anyone who is doing or has done this degree. Can they give me an insight on this and how much physics is in the course.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 16:55:15

I'm doing this, I've just finished my first year. There's a module of physics but to be honest, it's really easy and there isn't alot of it. There's more radiation protection, how a MRI works (and safety), how a CT works then atoms and electrons. They teach you enough to know how a x-ray machine works. There's alot of anatomy and osteology (bones) though, some practice time in an x-ray department.

Where are you planning on studying?

shayna4 Fri 28-Aug-09 16:59:02

I hope to go to city university.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 17:01:59

I'm up noth a bit, it's going to be slightly different here but the basics will be the same.
You can get an NHS bursary for the course, it's not alot though but you can top it up with student loans if you need to. Doing some work exerience really helps, the departments are more then happy for people to do this, just call and ask. smile

shayna4 Fri 28-Aug-09 17:21:42

Thanks for the insight. I hope every thing goes well. Will have to work very hard in the access course to get the grades. I have shadowed an MRI radiographer but will ring again to shadow other areas.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 19:20:14

smile Plain film is fairly interesting, this is just normal x-ray's. It's interesting looking at the interesting things people do to themselves grin

Hunt me down if you need some more info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now