Talk

Advanced search

Second Hand Uni Books

(10 Posts)
Mistiek Tue 04-Aug-09 14:38:32

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if there is somewhere I can get my hands on decent up to date second hand books for Uni.

I have just received all my paper work from the uni and need 3 books as part of the advised ready and preparation.

The library can only get me one of the books so am now looking to buy then at a good price. Im doing my nursing degree....

Can anyone give me some help here.

Thanks a mil

bodiddly Tue 04-Aug-09 14:39:51

There is usually a second hand book shop near the uni.

mustrunmore Tue 04-Aug-09 14:40:00

Do they not have a second hand bookshop at the students union? Ours did <a million years ago>

bodiddly Tue 04-Aug-09 14:40:40

perhaps you could put a notice up in your department to see whether any of the second/third year students have any they want to part with!

Mistiek Tue 04-Aug-09 14:45:40

I think there might be but I live in Bognor regis on the South Coast and the Uni is in Guildford so was hoping to get the books sent to me.

Ill see if I can find some info fromthe uni...

Hassled Tue 04-Aug-09 14:46:30

I've bought and sold loads on behalf of oldest DCs via Amazon - some dirt cheap and scribbled on, but others pretty good quality. Just search for the book you want and then look at the "Used" options.

bodiddly Tue 04-Aug-09 14:49:14

have you tried greenmetropolis.com .. most of their books are £3.75 - they may not have popular nursing books but I have seen some uni stuff on there.

Mistiek Tue 04-Aug-09 14:52:33

Hassled - yeah I ahve looked on amazon and the second hand ones are fetching for £20 and the new ones £23!

Ill have a look at that site bodiddly - thanks

PenelopePitstops Tue 04-Aug-09 15:02:51

have you tried the uni library? if you are only going to use them a few times its not imo worth buying

otherwise scour charity shops near the uni, especially if its a large one

or try www.sellstudentbooks.com

cimeow Sat 03-Oct-09 20:29:41

Amazon co uk you can books new or used from 0.01p

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now