Talk

Advanced search

Help/advice with revision timetables and time management please

(4 Posts)
dillinger Tue 04-Aug-09 14:14:16

I havent had to revise for exams as such since my GCSE's in 1998 blush and I have my reflexology exam in oct. I am fine with the practical, Im more concerned with the anatomy and physiology aspect as theres obv just so much to revise!

I wondered if anyone had any tips to do with making revision timetables etc I feel like Im stumbling in the dark at the moment, and dont know where to start. I dont work but have a 1 and 3 year old and trying to get much done during the day isnt working, nor do I have anyone to watch them for a bit to enable me to go to the library or whatever.

Course tutor has told us to refer to the syllabus for what we need to know, Im just having trouble arranging everything into a routine that I can stick to, and one that would be appropriate.

Any help much appreciated

dillinger Tue 04-Aug-09 14:15:30

Im feeling lost, tired and completely lacking in any motivation, it feels as though its 'too much so why bother' at the moment, though I do want to do well.

Molesworth Tue 04-Aug-09 17:41:48

I'm also rubbish at making and sticking to revision timetables, and tend to take a more - ahem - chaotic unstructured approach. Still, can you sit down with your syllabus (or use the table of contents in your textbook(s) perhaps) and make a list of topics you will need to revise?

It's hard to quantify the amount of time needed to revise though. You still have a couple of months, so at least you're giving yourself plenty of time (perhaps too much time?). If you can whittle down your notes to a single A4 sheet covering the major points you'll need to know, that would be a good thing to aim for. Use mind maps if you like them?

Will you need to memorize things? If so I would recommend one of the 'master your memory' type books on the market. I used them for my systems engineering exams (which involved memorizing lots of facts) with great success.

dillinger Wed 05-Aug-09 10:28:40

Great thanks for your reply smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now