Talk

Advanced search

Student finance delays??

(7 Posts)
Superduperloopthelooper Fri 12-Jun-09 12:41:48

I am slightly worried about my SF application. I am applying for funding for a PGCE in respect of 2009/10 and sent in my application in paper form on 17/5/09 (the computer threw me out when I attempted to do it on-line!).

I have spoken to the helpline today for an update and they say that the system is showing that my form is incomplete - the lady I spoke to told me which page and I know that I completed it (it is the details of the university, course etc). She said that it may be that it has not yet been uploaded on to their system yet, and to ring to check again next week.

I have already been told that my application may take a couple of weeks longer than an average form to process, as I am eligible for a 'special' rather than 'standard' maintenance element, as I'm a lone parent and independent student. I am really worried that the funding may not be in place by September - does anyone have any experience of the SF process? Are they likely to sort this in time or should I be a bit more persistent in chasing this up?

TIA!

mumeeee Fri 12-Jun-09 22:54:53

DD2 has applied last week for her student loan. She has confirmation that they have recieved her application and was told it takes up to 6 weeks to process an application. As September is 3 months away she should get it in plenty of time. Also DD1 applied late for hers when she started uni and she got it in plenty of time.
So don't worry you will get your money on time.

Superduperloopthelooper Fri 12-Jun-09 23:01:29

Thanks mumeeee!

The helpline lady was particularly vague so I came of the phone and had a wobble! It is still 3 months away, I will try to calm down...grin

Milliways Sat 13-Jun-09 19:39:09

I started a thread about this awful website a few weeks back!

They only acknowledged this week that they DID receive our documents on 22nd April! They are running so far behind.

I have now received a letter saying they want more info on something (That was NOT requested on original app).

Drives me mad as even thiugh DH was out of work for loads of last year they are only interested in 2 years ago, and to claim change of circumstance is proving really frustrating. angry

RustyBear Sat 13-Jun-09 19:44:33

DD hasn't applied for her second year yet, but DS put in his second year application in August & still got it on time.

Superduperloopthelooper Sun 14-Jun-09 21:04:29

Thanks Milliways and RustyBear, hopefully it will sort itself out then.

Milliways, I am concerned that they don't have everything they need too, I just hope they let me know! Nothing is simple smile.

I will call them again next week then and see if they are any clearer...

RustyBear Sat 15-Aug-09 14:09:06

Any news superduper?

I finally kicked DD into getting her second year application in, but we didn't do it online - partly because I don't trust it but also because we always seem to have massive problems getting it to recognise the username/password that we think it should be!
So DD printed the form off & posted it on 22nd July - and to the credit of Wokingham Borough Council, we got the assessment beck yesterday - about 3 weeks earlier than I'd expected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now