Talk

Advanced search

Urgent OU help - I mistook my submisssion date - I am stuffed - Help me

(19 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 15:00:22

We are doing exchange relationships is this a reasonable explanation of exchange relationships wrt childminding

My organisation provides childcare. The parents receive safe registered childcare and the organisation receives money and a certain amount of respect. My role within the organisation is that of childminder, I provide the children with love, care and protection and they provide me with love, affection and cuddles.

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 16:33:17

bump

Littlefish Sun 11-Jan-09 16:36:21

Bump - sorry I can't help Katy! No idea what you're talking about smile

frannikin Sun 11-Jan-09 16:36:35

I'd say that was an exchange relationship but is that the only example you're using.

What about children learn skills and you get satisfaction from seeing the improvement?

When is submission?

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 16:44:11

Thursday <gulp>

The question is
"Draw a diagram, similar to the ones in Figure 11.1 on page 223 of The Manager’s Good Study Guide, which defines the exchange relationship for your organisation. You will need to identify what the organisation is, who the customers are, and what the benefits are that you exchange. Explain what you have drawn in words as well so that you can easily post your description in the Tutor Group Forum for other people to consider and compare with their own.
Now repeat the exercise, thinking not of your whole organisation this time, but of your own work area. What is the key exchange relationship there? Think about how your two models of the exchange relationship connect to each other. It might help to have another look at the value chain in Figure 10.5 on page 205 of The Manager’s Good Study Guide. " <Double Gulp>

frannikin Sun 11-Jan-09 16:46:38

Having translated that into English....

I'd say you're probably on the right track.

The phrasing "key exchange relationship" intrigues me though - how do you make a value judgement on what the key ER is and do you have to justify it?

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 16:46:41

I am now doing a PESTLE analysis......I hope

Only another 10 units after that <OMG faints>>

llareggub Sun 11-Jan-09 16:49:30

Not sure of this is relevant or not, but have you thought about this in terms of the childminding network? I know mine has a network of childminders? Just thought it might offer another perspective. And Ofsted too?

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 16:50:19

Me getting paid is a fairly big one (IMO)

The only thing I can take comfort in is that this is 10% of a level 1 30 point course

Of course that makes me worry about the level 2 one

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 16:54:24

That is another good one llareggub - I'll owrk it in

Now I need something that doesn't have an ER

Almost everything I do I get something for

Running 'Play & Praise' gives me a warm cuddly feeling but it also ticks boxes for OFSTED, as does cooking good healthy food

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 18:15:49

Bump for something that doesn't have an exchange relationship

llareggub Sun 11-Jan-09 19:17:55

It is a tricky one. I've been thinking about this while I've been tidying the kitchen and I'm stumped.

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 19:27:40

I know

I do very little for nothing

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 19:48:30

Now I have to do a 'Dimension of Decision Making' table of the exchange relationship of either me & child or me & OFSTED & I am struggling I have to put something under

Complex decision making

Limited decision Making

Brand Loyalty

Inertia

So I don't think the child & I can do that - but I am struggling with the possibility of OFSTED

I can do it for the parent - is that just a cop out?

KatyMac Sun 11-Jan-09 22:07:52

I think I got 4 done today & started 1, I had finished 2 so I only have 7 to do by Wednesday <gulp>

KatyMac Mon 12-Jan-09 10:46:00

Can anyone help with this stuff?

KatyMac Mon 12-Jan-09 12:57:57

OK major miscount

I have completed 8
I have started 1
I have 8 still to look at <<Gulp>>

& I have asked for an extra few days

frannikin Mon 12-Jan-09 20:23:03

The parent isn't a cop out if you can definitely find stuff to do write about!

I'm also stuck on something for nothing - did you find anything?

KatyMac Wed 14-Jan-09 10:02:57

I have a weeks extension - Thanks goodness

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now