Talk

Advanced search

So what's your next OU course?

(3 Posts)
SummatAnNowt Sat 25-Oct-08 13:14:41

For all those starting in Jan/Feb... although if you've just recently started one you're free to chime in!

I'm doing E303 English Grammar in context.

Slightly scared as I was at school in the time of "no formal grammar training you'll pick it up as you go along" so I didn't even know what nouns and verbs were until I started learning a foreign language. I've already started on the workbook they suggest. But the other English language courses have been so interesting I just had to do this one as well.

Boyswillbeboys Sat 25-Oct-08 14:08:28

Good luck! I will hopefully be free of the OU at last if I get good results in december! Have just finished my degree in Social Sciences. If you are having trouble with grammar, suggest you read "Eats shoots and leaves" by Lynne Truss - tis very funny but there is some sensible advice in there too.

SummatAnNowt Sat 25-Oct-08 14:32:07

I have that book I was talking more about things like clauses and transitive/intransitive verbs and other things I can't even remember. dh was educated in the US and he understands loads of these grammatical terms.

Good luck on your results!! I am still 3 years away, feels like a looong time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now