Talk

Advanced search

Worried about CRB Check

(9 Posts)
charliechew Tue 26-Aug-08 15:26:04

Hi just wondered if anyone could provide any advice or guidance on the enhanced CRB checks. I'm waiting to get mine back from CRB, but I'm worried that I may not get onto my teaching course because of an incident that happened whilst I was dropping my daughter off at school. My eldest daughter is autistic and one morning a couple of months ago I was late, so I left my youngest daughter who is three is the car while I took her to meet her support assistant at the school main entrance. I put my car alarm on and the car was parked just outside the school gates. When I got back to the car there were two police officers outside the car who were checking the reg no. They said that I shouldn't of left my daughter in the car - I know I should not have done. My autisitc daughter has no sense of danger and be honest I feel sick with worry as soon as get both of them out of the car to take her to school as she runs off and has nearly been hit by a car on one occasion. I usually take my youngest daughter with me but on this rare occasion I didn't. I still feel guilty about it.I have asked the school if I can park in the school car park - to no avail. I just hope I haven't ruined my chances of being a teacher.I've heard that warnings are on the crb check but I'm not sure If I actually got one. Can anyone please advise.

AMumInScotland Tue 26-Aug-08 17:10:56

I think the things that go on the CRB are "official cautions" - and you'd know if you'd had one, becasue they are very official. If the police just said "you shouldn't really have done that" sort of warning, then that's not the same thing at all. A Caution is much more official than that, and it's the sort of thing they sometimes do if they could have arrested you for what you did but chose not to this time. HTH

tink123 Tue 26-Aug-08 17:51:16

i got a formal written caution for not changing my address on my driving licence a few years back and have had three enhanced CRB checks all clear since then

ScummyMummy Tue 26-Aug-08 18:08:01

From years of ub=ndergoing checks plus a bit of googling, I think they check:

all current and spent convictions, as well as details of any cautions, reprimands or warnings held on the Police National and local computers.

plus:

Protection of Children Act (POCA) List
Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA) list
Information that is held under section 142 of the Education Act 2002 (formerly known as List 99)

So if you were informally finger wagged you should be ok, I think.

Mamazon Tue 26-Aug-08 18:12:45

i can state quite catagorically that NO it will not show up on your CRB.

the only way you wuld have it placed no your CRB is if you were arrested, given a formal police caution and had been given a sheet of paper that advises you that you have been officially cautiooned.

You are all clear..just dont leave Dd in teh car again grin

ilovemydog Tue 26-Aug-08 18:22:18

I've just had an enhanced disclosure and you would be aware of any criminal record.

I had a few motoring offences shock but they are looking for more serious things.

Don't worry - it will be fine smile

giraffescantdancethetango Tue 26-Aug-08 18:25:16

I think its fine I remember this on my teaching course a few people had minor things and they were fine anyway.

charliechew Tue 26-Aug-08 19:36:36

Thanks to everyone for your advice it's really appreciated.

Matey1 Sun 26-Oct-08 18:40:15

I know this thread may have been closed and resolved and not trying to cause any concern, but just want to add something to the comments made by one of the members.

It is very unlikely that this information will be on the result, however its not true that this information will not show. This is because each Police force hold their own local Data Base and when a CRB check is carried out at and Enhanced level it looks at what’s called 'Soft Information' held locally by the Police and this does not have to relate to cautions or reprimands.

It is only disclosed when the Police feel that it is relevant to the work that the person is applying for. I should point out though that if this is disclosed on your disclosure result that your employer cannot by law disclose this to anyone else and MUST speak with you abut the incident before making a recruitment decision.

Hope this doesnt compliCate things, but CRB disclosure are not always that striaght cut.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now