Advanced search

can any tell me about grants. if you go to college ft and work pt do you get a grant I NEED TO KNOW

(9 Posts)
nailpolish Mon 04-Aug-08 16:23:14


nailpolish Mon 04-Aug-08 16:23:58

and yo have a dh who earns a wage too

gomez Mon 04-Aug-08 16:26:50

Nailly - you would be able to access loans depening on DH's wages but no grants I am afraid. Still get tax credit thingies too if you are working. Have a look at the SAAS website. Cheers

nailpolish Mon 04-Aug-08 16:31:32

oh gomez thanks that is a huge help

do you have to start paying loans as soon as you finish? what if you go on to do anoteher course

i realise this is dull

gomez Mon 04-Aug-08 16:34:55

I need to be quick but I think you start paying back the year after you graduate depending on income level. So if you went onto another course then no as you wouldn't be earning enough. But I get feck all so am not 100% on the details. Have a swadge here love

nailpolish Mon 04-Aug-08 16:34:58

that webiste is giving me a headache

nailpolish Mon 04-Aug-08 16:35:36

thanks gomez darling

gomez Mon 04-Aug-08 16:36:02

Fair do's!

Off out now. Cheerio

Ivegotaheadache Mon 11-Aug-08 20:31:06

You can get your fees paid towards depending on your household income. There is a grant now definitely for part time study but I'm not sure if you can get it for full time study. Will have to check.

Is it university you're going to? If so you can get a loan to pay the fees also a loan for living expenses. You won't hane to pay it back until you earn £2107 gross per month, and if you're supported by you're partner you don't have to pay it back either. Adn if you don't work or earn that much for the next 25 years they write the debt off!!!

You should be able to get assistance for college courses, speak to the college where you want to study and they'll tell you what you can do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now