Talk

Advanced search

University Year 2 Student Finance

(5 Posts)
woodlands01 Tue 19-May-20 12:59:58

Do we have to apply for Year 2 Finance? I assume we do but would have expected a reminder email which not had. Is there a deadline?

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
MarchingFrogs Tue 19-May-20 13:22:48

Yes, you do have to apply each year and the deadline is in about a month's time, I think. DD says she got a text message reminder, but possibly had to sign up specifically for that, if you didn't get one. As we know that our household income is over the threshold, we don't get involved with her finance application.

However, seeing your post just now, it did occur to me to prompt her to get on with it...

woodlands01 Tue 19-May-20 13:55:23

MarchingFrogs Thank you - same really, we're not involved and I need to prompt. However with a very grumpy DD19 in lockdown I need to pick my time! I am sure she has regressed to Y9 rather than being 19. Still pussy footing around teenagers .........................

OP’s posts: |
Queenie24 Wed 20-May-20 10:04:31

Yes definitely my daughter has done hers and had her confirmation letter through the post.

DominaShantotto Wed 20-May-20 12:03:32

Yep you have to reapply - but judging from the number of second years in our student advice centre when I was there waiting for an appointment last year, who had been suspended as the fees hadn't been paid... I don't think it occurs to a lot of them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »