Sheffield or Nottingham University for Psychology Masters

(3 Posts)
LittleDragonGirl Fri 14-Feb-20 13:08:50

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of Sheffield or Nottingham universities for psychology postgrad? Or even better their research methods courses?
Any information about the support they have for disabled students, accessibility of materials and academics, just the universities in general, or specifically their psychology at post grad level or research methods courses would be great!
Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
SaskiaRembrandt Sat 15-Feb-20 09:52:52

I have no experience of the course, but I'm familiar with both universities.

DS went to Nottingham and really enjoyed it. He doesn't have a physical disability, but as far as I can tell, the pastoral care was very good.

I'm studying at Sheffield, I also work there. The disability support is great. There is a designated department for students with all kinds of disabilities who help with practical things (accomodations, access, equipment), plus a representative society/committee who offer a mixture of social events and campaigning. The staff are also trained to understand how a disability might affect a student, and how to signpost them to places to find support.

Not sure if you've seen these but if not they might be useful to you:

DDSS www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/disability
Info for applicants
www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/policies/disabled-applicants

Guidance for staff www.sheffield.ac.uk/sss/disability/guides

LittleDragonGirl Mon 17-Feb-20 09:15:15

Thank you so much! I've heard really mixed things about notts but really great things about sheffield, and having good support is really important to me! From both academic staff and disability support teams!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in