Talk

Advanced search

Am I right in thinking if you earn over £62k, there’s no point in filling out the second lot of online finance forms?

(4 Posts)
PBLR Sun 16-Feb-20 18:35:12

I think the same happened to us as to Sophiesdog. I didn't complete any additional forms I am sure

Sophiesdog2020 Fri 14-Feb-20 13:33:06

We got the emails triggered by DS application, and initiated our login, but the first question was ‘Is your household income above the limit“, we ticked yes and that was it - didn’t go down the route of being assessed, as it was pointless.

MarchingFrogs Fri 14-Feb-20 11:49:39

The student makes the application and indicates whether they wish to have their household income assessed for the means tested element of the maintenance loan. If they do, the people that they have named as supporting their application will get an email inviting them to set up an account to submit their details. If you have already checked that your household income is above the limit, you are correct on assuming that there is no point on your DC initiating that part of the process.

If they do anyway, if you just ignore the email, after a couple of weeks, your DC will just be assessed for the non means tested element.

fedup21 Fri 14-Feb-20 11:40:20

There are two lots of online student loan forms-one for parents and one for students-is that right?

One for students gets you the tuition fees and basic maintenance loan and the second-more lengthy-is only if you think you might get more than the basic amount?

Or have I misunderstood?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in