HugoSpritz Wed 20-Nov-19 16:32:12

Just setting up new thread as we are perilously near the end of the 4th thread

aibutohavethisusername Wed 20-Nov-19 16:39:56

Thanks HugoSpritz

HuaShan Wed 20-Nov-19 16:45:51

Checking in, thanks Hugo

seedybird Wed 20-Nov-19 16:52:34

Thanks Hugo

Congrats to Just, hobbema, ai and to anyone I may have missed - apologies if I haven't named you.

DD had an interview at Imperial today and an offer from UCL last week.

The very best of luck for everyone waiting for interviews...my fingers are very crossed for you all.

Alittewornout Wed 20-Nov-19 17:05:04

Thank you Hugo for the new thread. Well done everyone on their offers fantastic news for you all. We will have long wait as a Scottish applicant especially for St Andrews ( which is her dream uni equal to Oxford). She felt her MAT was awful so def expecting a straight rejection but there is always a slim chance I suppose.

wineoclockthanks Wed 20-Nov-19 17:05:37

Thanks Hugo

Hope I'm not tempting fate by joining this one grin

Hertsessex Wed 20-Nov-19 17:10:06

Just found this thread earlier today. Amazed on 5th incarnation already smile FWIW I sat next to Oxford admissions tutor at a dinner a 2-3 years ago. He said it is extremely difficult to choose and by the time interview stage could take any 6 or 7 from 20. Maybe one or two standout good or standout bad but everyone else all good. It all gets a bit random by interview stage and I think even getting interview has a large random element.

Hoghgyni Wed 20-Nov-19 17:15:50

Welcome Hert, just as It's getting interesting!

EightToSixer Wed 20-Nov-19 17:16:21

Hello, may I join? DD applied to Oxford for medicine. She's has interviews for her 3 other choices so we are eagerly awaiting Friday's BMAT results to see how likely she is to get an interview.

bpisok Wed 20-Nov-19 17:22:36

I just put this on the other thread...

Just in case anyone is applying to Cambridge and wants some added stress here's a link to a spreadsheet on TSR that applicants are inputting their invitations to....lots on there now

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EmIKzdM470nGqbgr9mUaeC1sp54drRBvcPWazcQQ3qY/htmlview#

Peaseblossom22 Wed 20-Nov-19 17:25:00

Just marking my place , ds drowning in work at the moment, I think he is very conflicted about whether he even wants an interview at the moment as it would be yet another thing to add to his never ending list of stuff to do and might be 3 days wasted if he doesn’t get a place in the end.

sandybayley Wed 20-Nov-19 17:32:42

@HugoSpritz - thanks for the new thread.

DS1 got his Imperial offer confirmed yesterday on UCAS - just one A star. He was a bit worried they'd ask for 2 so that's a good thing.

Still waiting for Durham and obvs Oxford. He is quite chilled about it all at the moment. No one from his school has Durham offers for STEM but plenty do for humanities.

Hertsessex Wed 20-Nov-19 17:32:48

bpisok - what is the purpose of that spreadsheet? Just had a look and doesn't mean much to me.

HugoSpritz Wed 20-Nov-19 17:36:33

It just shows which colleges are starting to issue and for which subjects so you can gauge whether to check eg. Natsci seem to be in full flow at the moment

NorthernGlam Wed 20-Nov-19 17:37:37

Been lurking a while. DS applying for law at Oxford and found out he is being invited for interview but has been reallocated to a different college than he applied for. To be fair he did aim for a college which always has high application numbers grin but just delighted he’s got this far. He has other offers he’s happy with too so hopefully is going to just enjoy the experience and take what happens in his stride.

sandybayley Wed 20-Nov-19 17:38:43

@NorthernGlam - welcome and congratulations!

HugoSpritz Wed 20-Nov-19 17:40:07

Previous thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/higher_education/3722426-Oxbridge-2020-4

Congrats NorthernGlam on the interview invitation. Sometimes even if reallocated they get an offer from the original college after all scoring is assessed!

Coleoptera Wed 20-Nov-19 17:40:11

Terfin, thanks for the support! Marking my place over here now and it's all getting so real and so close. It must be very hard for admissions to select from several good candidates. I wonder if there are any on this thread? I expect none have time to browse MN though.

Coleoptera Wed 20-Nov-19 17:41:33

NorthernGlam congrats. on your DSs interview offer and best of luck to him!

TerfinUSA99 Wed 20-Nov-19 17:42:09

I'm here, thanks @HugoSpritz

bpisok Wed 20-Nov-19 17:43:38

Not sure why you didn't understand the sheet but it's as Hugo said...

On TSR as DCs get invites they are adding it to the spreadsheet. So you can see subject, college, when they were notified and interview date.
The 2nd tab has a pivot table which summarises by college and subject

....useful so that you can see when invites have started to go out from your college and when you should be hassling your DC to check their emails (esp spam!!)

Hertsessex Wed 20-Nov-19 17:49:40

Sorry I thought there was more to it and perhaps some deep hidden meaning (or I was missing a tab) smile

Justneedatemporaryname Wed 20-Nov-19 17:49:41

DS1 got his Imperial offer confirmed yesterday on UCAS - just one A star. He was a bit worried they'd ask for 2 so that's a good thing.

That's awesome, sandy. Am I remembering correctly that your DC is applying for physics?

Hoghgyni Wed 20-Nov-19 18:05:35

Don't worry Hert. It was probably set up by a teenager & I always assume their spreadsheet skills must be more sophisticated than mine too!

PortusCale Wed 20-Nov-19 18:13:03

Thanks for the new thread Hugo and congratulations on the invites, offers, driving test and the unconditional at Durham - I can’t keep up with them all!

Nothing to add except good luck to all those still waiting - can’t be too much longer now...

This thread is not accepting new messages.