Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone else’s DC get AS results today??

(19 Posts)
fedup21 Thu 15-Aug-19 07:46:45

I don’t think many schools still do them?

A bit of a mixed bag here...!

OP’s posts: |
snozzlemaid Thu 15-Aug-19 07:56:28

Dd is going to college to get hers later this morning.
Not got great hopes as she thinks she's done terribly.
Then she has to decide which three to continue with next year.

fedup21 Thu 15-Aug-19 08:18:50

It’s fairly obvious which one my DC will be dropping!

It seems like a really mixed bag of results at the school.

Comefromaway Thu 15-Aug-19 08:19:45

Dd had hers emailed. Just one subject for AS and she self studied.

LooseAtTheSeams Thu 15-Aug-19 08:32:12

DS going to collect his this morning. He is not exactly looking forward to it!

ExCwmbranDweller Thu 15-Aug-19 08:36:40

DS2 at his dads so twiddling my thumbs hoping for a text at some point this morning. I thought this would be easier than being the one taking him in but the jury is out on that at the moment.

Had one of those strange dreams where you finally get the paperwork but it's all so confusing you can't see where the grade is marked down or what it is when you find it.

fedup21 Thu 15-Aug-19 08:59:33

We could log in online and get the results first thing this morning.

We are the only school round here which seem to do AS. The school uses them as predicted uni grades and I don’t really know how it works as you can’t get an A* in AS levels? Friends at other local schools have been given 3/4 A*s as their predicted grades for university based on internal mocks. That’s not really comparable?

One of my friends daughters has left a school where they do the internal tests and all her friends have been predicted A*s and she’s just got 3 B in her AS at our school. I bet she wishes she’d stayed where she wasconfused

ExCwmbranDweller Thu 15-Aug-19 09:07:25

I think they will also get predictions of final A level grade independent of this, although as we are in Wales these marks make up 40% of his overall A level grade so are obviously a good indication!

Comefromaway Thu 15-Aug-19 09:13:02

Dd did the AS because it’s a subject that her school have never offered before at A level and she has been self studying ins timetabled slot with a weekly tutorial sothe school wanted to check they were on the right track. She got a B.

fedup21 Thu 15-Aug-19 09:16:36

Did anyone’s DC do physics and what did they get if so??

All results were good here except physics!

ExCwmbranDweller Thu 15-Aug-19 11:01:45

Maths was good as expected but physics a very disappointing C, a bit of a shock and puts a lot of his uni choices into doubt so just looking at the rules about re-sitting the papers.

LooseAtTheSeams Thu 15-Aug-19 11:29:39

Not bad at all - would have hoped for A rather than B in English but knew one of the papers could have gone a lot better so happy with the result for now.

EightToSixer Thu 15-Aug-19 11:54:12

DD collected hers this morning. A in Biology, chemistry and maths and a B in physics (3 points off an A) but all marks for physics were much lower than expected. I think only one A in physics in her very large school, lots of much lower than expected marks will raise questions im sure. Thankfully she had already decided not to continue physics next year as its not required for medicine.

Comefromaway Thu 15-Aug-19 12:05:06

Overall I am hearing that AS level results are lower than people were expecting.

fedup21 Thu 15-Aug-19 12:28:11

DC got As in three subjects and then a U in physics?? No score has been given on the paperwork either-it’s as if they didn’t actually mark the paper?

Assessments have been A/B in physics all year!

EightToSixer Thu 15-Aug-19 12:30:53

@fedup21 I would definitely make enquiries with the school about that physics if there is no mark at all. He should have his score on there.

snozzlemaid Thu 15-Aug-19 12:34:01

Dd got AAA in biology, chemistry and psychology.
But a D in maths - so she'll be dropping that one.
She's delighted as she really thought she'd done badly!!

Hoghgyni Thu 15-Aug-19 14:50:45

That is brilliant news Snozzle.

MillicentMartha Thu 15-Aug-19 16:57:10

DS got AABC and will be dropping chemistry, which was 1 mark off a B. Very happy, especially with FM. smile star

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »