Talk

Advanced search

LMAT

(5 Posts)
Dogsaresomucheasier Wed 10-Jul-19 19:01:25

Apparently dd needs to do this, I’d really appreciate advice on how to help her prepare/best resources, please? Is it better to get it out of the way or leave it later and get more practice in?
Thanks lots!

OP’s posts: |
MarchingFrogs Wed 10-Jul-19 21:15:13

Do you mean LNAT?

lnat.ac.uk/

Or the MAT?

www.maths.ox.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduate-study/maths-admissions-test

Dogsaresomucheasier Wed 10-Jul-19 21:54:31

LNAT, sorry! I’m very familiar with BMAT from work, but law is a whole new kettle of fish.

OP’s posts: |
goodbyestranger Wed 10-Jul-19 22:15:39

OP two of my DDs had to do the LNAT and scored very highly using the book recommended at the Oxford Open Day - can't remember what it was but there wasn't a huge amount of prep needed/ time consumed by it.

OKBobble Thu 11-Jul-19 11:28:17

LNAT is usually one of the much more manageable aptitude tests without the need for extensive preparation as it is merely asking for you to formulate your own views and put them down in a coherent way. (There can be no wrong or right view). It merely tests the taker's ability to think, formulate an argument and given an opinion. Most students (if they have done gcses) will have done similar within their English Lit gcses, History gcses, RS gcses and similar.

The multiple choice section is in effect a read, comprehend and interpret test. Again these are skills picked up in various gcses (and obviously A levels).

Here is a handy guide which is worth a quick look:
lnat.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Your-Guide-To-Preparing-For-The-LNAT.pdf

(Ex-solicitor here, with solicitor husband and still involved in recruiting trainees).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »