Reading University

(9 Posts)
Bowbridge Thu 04-Jul-19 18:44:24

Anyone got experience of this university, good or bad?

DC loved it on a recent open day. What halls would people recommend? We were only shown Wessex and Bridges.

OP’s posts: |
InTheHeatofLisbon Thu 04-Jul-19 18:49:20

I was in the old Childs Hall, but a friend of mine (the lovely WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo) was in the new Childs Hall and loved it.

I liked Reading, and it's easy to get to lots of places, good transport links etc. Usual student town, but I'd avoid the Oxford Road at night. I lived just off it and a friend still does and it's not great.

Reading on the whole I really liked though.

tam23 Thu 04-Jul-19 19:24:35

DC is there and really happy. Lovely campus, close to town, good teaching and pastoral support is great.

Norugratsatall Thu 04-Jul-19 20:21:21

Dd due to graduate this summer. She had a fantastic time there and was very happy.

HappySonHappyMum Fri 05-Jul-19 23:03:35

Loved it there - stayed in the old Bridges Hall and the new one is a definite improvement. Fantastic sprawling campus, easy to get everywhere as transport links are great. One of the best decisions I ever made.

Yourownpersonaljesus Sat 06-Jul-19 14:31:01

My DD has just finished her first year. She loves it - can't wait to go back after the summer break. She stayed in Mackinder Halls which are located close to everything. What is your DC hoping to study?

Maxheadroom Sat 06-Jul-19 17:44:23

My DD has just finished her second year at Reading. She was in Wessex halls during her first year and loved it. It has a reputation of being a party halls though which suited her! There is a bar at Wessex which she still uses and is still involved with the socials they hold.

Advertisement

Xenia Sun 07-Jul-19 10:43:58

My son was there although 10 years ago. I cannot remember his halls name but he started in a lady's house with another student has he got in on clearing ( didn't get his grades for his place at Exeter) and moved to halls in term 2 when a place was available. It i

Bowbridge Sun 07-Jul-19 20:08:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in