Tell me about Chester uni please.

(5 Posts)
shadypines Sun 09-Jun-19 20:55:54

Grateful for any info as it is on DS shortlist.

OP’s posts: |
BubblesBuddy Sun 09-Jun-19 21:05:19

To do what? Where else could he go?

FogCutter Sun 09-Jun-19 21:08:42

Depends what he's planning to study?

Serin Mon 10-Jun-19 19:10:34

I think it rates quite well for primary education? It's a nice city, not too big but with plenty going on.
DC2 looked at it for nursing but really not impressed with the dept. Lecturer was rude and arrogant and told off DH and I for standing around waiting for a lecture to start instead of making better use of our time by viewing other departments. The fact that one of us was using a walking aid and couldn't get to the 9tgdr department completely by passed her. It would have been more appropriate to ask if we were ok or maybe needed a chair. Their open day was the most disorganised we have ever been to and the facilities were grim.
The staff seemed very much of the opinion that anyone would be very lucky to get a place there and were quite negative about DCs chances. In the event DC got 5 offers from 5 unis, all with higher grade requirements than Chester.

Comefromaway Sat 15-Jun-19 00:46:02

It really depends what he wants to study and which campus. They have an excellent musical theatre course and I’m told music tech is good too. But there are some courses at the satellite campuses that I don’t think are rated that well. Chester is a lovely place to live. Some of dd’s friends live in Tramways.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in