Talk

Advanced search

How do I go about this ?

(3 Posts)
dawn96 Thu 24-Jan-19 20:02:45

I got an A* to C in every single subject and top marks on my A levels but only a D in maths and it’s akways held me back from going to university to become a primary school teacher ,I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old exclusively breastfed baby and would really like to get my grade to a C ,I took my exams 6 times and got a D every single time on the higher paper ,Why they couldn’t let me do the foundation paper I don’t know but since I can’t really leave the house I’m wondering what my options are for retaking the exam ? If anyone knows or if anyone’s done this from home or something similar it would be greatly appreciated

OP’s posts: |
dawn96 Thu 24-Jan-19 20:03:12

If you could tell me some more information *

OP’s posts: |
titchy Thu 24-Jan-19 20:13:26

Your local FE college will provide free lessons and the exam. You can't sit an exam from home. Check with universities whether functional skills level 2 is sufficient - it might not be for teaching.

Depending how long ago you did A levels you might need to do an Access course which can include the Maths you need.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »