Talk

Advanced search

Stressed year 13

(6 Posts)
dancingdirty Wed 14-Nov-18 14:26:04

Yes I think a tutor may be the way to go. I have started to look

OP’s posts: |
pumpkinpie01 Wed 14-Nov-18 14:16:02

My daughter has one teacher who really doesnt care, she asked them if they had all watched a particular film, obviously relevant to the course, they all said yes so she puts the film on again ! What a waste of a lesson !

Laniakea Wed 14-Nov-18 13:01:37

Biggest issue though is one of her subject teachers is off sick and won't be back for a long time.

we're in this situation too - I'm living off beans on toast to afford a tutor. Stressed doesn't cover it. Much sympathy.

pumpkinpie01 Wed 14-Nov-18 12:54:48

No advice, but I can relate completely. My DD is in yr 13 and keeps going into meltdowns, went on a uni open day and she ended up in tears saying she wouldnt get in and wanted to go home. She is doing v well in one A level but feels if she gets an A in that it will be at the detriment of her other 2 subjects .

Au79 Wed 14-Nov-18 12:46:32

Can you stretch to a tutor who Is knowledgable about the course and exam board? Might help her stay on track.

dancingdirty Tue 13-Nov-18 22:59:01

Does anyone else have very stressed DC at the moment.
My DD seems to be going into meltdown.
UCAS application just gone in, so she is worrying about that.
Biggest issue though is one of her subject teachers is off sick and won't be back for a long time. The school has no other teachers for the subject and the class have vital course work deadlines coming up.
I know the school can't really help it and theybhave reassured me they are trying to find a replacement teacher but it's just such bad timing

Any advice how I can help her ?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in