Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done the Ed Psyc doctorate at Southampton?

(5 Posts)
Marmaladegin Sat 18-Aug-18 22:31:29

And if so please tell me about the hours!
The nice lady in Admissions has told me in the first year the timetable is:
Mon: Uni am/ placement pm
Tues: 9-4:30 Uni
Wed: 9-4:30 Uni
Thurs: placement
Fri: study day

Would you say this is accurate? (I am planning rather in advance. I have not actually got on yet blush but am trying to plan around childcare for littlest to see what might be achievable) thanks!

OP’s posts: |
user2222018 Sun 19-Aug-18 11:18:23

You really cannot rely on past experiences, as timetabling changes every year.

You would be better off talking to members of staff from the Education department there (and ask them to point you to current students), than posting on an internet board.

Marmaladegin Sun 19-Aug-18 11:23:33

Oh really. The lady (who sounded as though she organizes the whole thing) said that it's the same timetable every year. Thanks for replying though- did you do the course?

user2222018 Sun 19-Aug-18 12:59:30

I am an academic in a different field.

If the course leader/admissions tutor says the timetable doesn't change, then why post about the timetable here? Why not ask to talk to current students about how the course works, how many hours are needed for study in practice and so on?

Marmaladegin Sun 19-Aug-18 16:08:43

Sorry- I reread my op and it wasn't very clear. That's exactly what I was trying to find out- I know what the timetable is but I was trying to find out if the hours of the timetable are an accurate reflection of what actually happens.

I doubt the university would put me in touch with current students, as I haven't been given a place yet, I'm just contemplating my future application

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »