Talk

Advanced search

Psychology course - recommendations?

(7 Posts)
mummytoc Fri 15-Jun-18 06:52:36

Hi All, for years I’ve wanted to do a psychology course, I want to do an online one that’s not hundreds of pounds. Can anyone recommend any courses?

Ideally I’d like to have a tutor mark my work etc rather then be left to it if you know what I mean!! But can’t attend classes as they don’t do any in my area, I don’t drive and have childcare/work commitments.

Any recommendations would be great :-)

OP’s posts: |
Eeeeeek330 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:12:09

www.coursera.org
www.futurelearn.com/search?q=Psychology+

Both these organisations offer free psychology courses. The courses I have done are great but you need to upgrade to get a recognisable qualification which involves a fee. Not sure how much marking or support you get if you pay!

Emma198 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:16:36

Open Uni have loads www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

KellyanneConway Sun 17-Jun-18 21:11:00

Do you want a career in psychology, or to do a course for fun?

mummytoc Mon 18-Jun-18 06:10:55

Thanks all I’ll look into both of those :-) not a career just an interest kellyanne

OP’s posts: |
KellyanneConway Mon 18-Jun-18 10:27:59

Ok, my local further education college used to do a course called "introduction to psychology" which ran in the evening for half a term, there might be something similar still around.

bottleofbeer Wed 20-Jun-18 08:45:12

As in degree level or just A level equivalent or something?

If it's degree level you want a BPS accredited course or it's pretty worthless as a degree. And psychology is hard, it's very interesting and I think a lot of people think it's all Freud psychobabble but it's not. It involves a lot of statistics too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »