Talk

Advanced search

Which is the best university league table?

(8 Posts)
toucanjungle Mon 11-Jun-18 15:43:08

More importantly, and why?

(This is stemming from a previous thread)

OP’s posts: |
titchy Mon 11-Jun-18 17:03:16

Ha ha ha! Impossible to say other than the best one is the one that ranks what is important to you as an applicant. In fact they're all bollocks

TheWizardofWas Mon 11-Jun-18 17:03:59

All rubbish. Sorry.

Xenia Mon 11-Jun-18 17:12:51

I would go by which are hardest to go into and secondly working backwards from the career they want - where do most people go who then work in that career.

clarrylove Mon 11-Jun-18 17:14:07

National Student Survey, Guardian League Tables, DLHE.

titchy Mon 11-Jun-18 17:56:06

Xenia read the OP - it's which university LEAGUE TABLE is the best, not which university is the best....

titchy Mon 11-Jun-18 17:57:02

* National Student Survey, Guardian League Tables, DLHE.*

Is that your list of best to worst? Wow if so. Or merely a list of some example of league tables....

UghAgh Mon 11-Jun-18 18:29:13

I think it’s useful to have a quick look at all of the main league tables as a starting point for deciding which units to look at (barring the rather random Guardian one). It’s interesting to look both at the overall ranking of the university and of the individual subjects. TBH I find looking at info from UNISTATS more useful than the league tables.

We moved to the UK shortly before our eldest was 16 and didn’t have a clue where to start looking so using the league tables in conjunction with all the other information out there such as school, friends, HE fairs, Uni websites etc was helpful.

People forget that with league tables there is often very little difference between the ‘scores’ of Universities.

WHICH did an article on the usefulness of U.k league tables.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »